• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Big League Breaks coming to Cow-town

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
Big League Chu is spinning here on May 3. Anyone going? I think it'll be fun to catch the legendary System backroom guru here on the westside. Plus, I haven't heard any good breaks in some time, so it'll be a good time to get caught up to date.

Casper

TRIBE Member
well, the venue was announced and should be interesting, still not decided if i'm ready for a big one

peace

Casper

TRIBE Member
thanks for the CD Chu, in my drunkenness i didn't even look at it properly to see that it was the set you posted and that i had already downloaded. good set, nothing like the CD but good dancing tunes

peace

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
Ladytron is at the warehouse on the 20th - i dont know if it's sold out or not though.

im gone that weekend (sasquatch festival woohoo!) but there is the lilac festival on 4th street sw on sunday
http://www.4streetcalgary.com/lilacfestival/

There's a party on the 24th at a bar called Kits on 16th ave if you like dnb & breaks

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now, but let me know what type of music you are into and i can suggest some places you might like!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
So how was that breaks party? Was there a good crowd on hand or what? What was the venue like?

I broke my ankle snowboarding at sunshine earlier in the day and couldn't reach, so disappointed.

Ecletic, I don't know if you like DeKoze or not, then again how could anyone not, but I've heard a rumour that he's spinning at the Warehouse sometime this month, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Damn my busted ankle!

trickynicky

TRIBE Member
oh ya the rub is at hifi on the 26th

todiefor, that sucks about your ankle! i didnt make it to the party on saturday, but my friends said it was pretty good, super ravey though, fairly good sized crowd.

tonight is the village shambhala preparty with Dom & Roland at the polish canadian hall.

Casper

TRIBE Member
the party was a little under attended, only a handful people dancing in the big room. the venue was basically two empty rooms with no real decor and some chairs set up against the wall. the location was kind of cool, in the middle of an industrial/warehouse park.

dekoze? how was the polish hall party? i'm out of town till next weekend

peace