1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Better Ballots' campaign for Toronto municipal electoral reform

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by gl*tch, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

Hey Politics forum

I just discovered Better Ballots it's an initiative lead by Dave Meslin (Spacing.ca) to start a conversation about how we elect our local representatives and what can be done to improve diversity, voter turnout, and citizen engagement. There's a volunteer meeting tonight in advance of the 4 town halls leading up to the mayoral forum later in the year.

Anyone goin'?
  2. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

i guess it was just me
  3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

hehe ya I missed out please report!
  4. atbell

atbell TRIBE Member

Best of luck with that!

From what I've seen, read, heard ... what ever. Municipal and other local levels of governance are the most effective and usually get the most support (in the broad 'small government' circles) yet the elections of local ward representatives are consistently the least well attended.

Shame really.

I'd complain more but I'm just as guilty as the next person. My head is stuck way to far into international relations to spend time getting to know the guys who do the real work and make sure my water stays on.
  5. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

star article on the process...