• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Best & Worst xmas gifts

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
I searched for a thred like this and nothing came up, so hopefully i did not over look it..

So what was your best gift you got and the worst one you got?

Best gift - hip space age looking pusre from montreal/slippers and a ring :)


Worst - orange pokadot placemats and matching cloth napkins from my cousins
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Best - Keith Haring record bag, Lost in Translation cd, Spike Jonze compilation DVD, Hello Kitty corkboard with heart pushpins (my friends ROCK)

Worst - no such thing. Even a card takes thought. Well.... okay, the black agenda that someone gave me that they regifted from someone who regifted it to them from work (the work logo etched on the front and I know who they know that works there). I got someone's someone's present! HOW THOUGHTFUL!
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
I searched for a thred like this and nothing came up, so hopefully i did not over look it..

So what was your best gift you got and the worst one you got?

Best gift - hip space age looking pusre from montreal/slippers and a ring :)


Worst - orange pokadot placemats and matching cloth napkins from my cousins
lousy cousins...who needs em' :D

for me it my big blue comforter and the winners gift certificate with my mr.show DVDs a close second...

worst was socks...they were too short
 

Karim

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Best & Worst xmas gifts

Originally posted by terrawrist III
lousy cousins...who needs em' :D

for me it my big blue comforter and the winners gift certificate with my mr.show DVDs a close second...

worst was socks...they were too short
HAHA, we knew you'd end up love it. (refer to winners question thread)

:)
Karim
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Best: 100 dollars.

Worst: Bar of soap, (it came with several gifts though, so that's a little better). It's not like I opened a tighly wrapped box and lo and behold......dove.
 

juice

TRIBE Member
How about the best and worst all rolled into one gift. The Michael Jackson super sized beach towel! What a surprise it was when I opened it up on Christmas morning.

 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
:(

I lost my Michael Jackson button yesterday at the Madison.
I'll give you $15 for that towel.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
:(

I lost my Michael Jackson button yesterday at the Madison.
I'll give you $15 for that towel.
No way once he goes to jail it will skyrocket in value :)
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by juice
How about the best and worst all rolled into one gift. The Michael Jackson super sized beach towel! What a surprise it was when I opened it up on Christmas morning.

watch that it doesn't run around at night and snap up that little girl there:(
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vox

TRIBE Member
best: tie between my trip to vegas with the family, and the vintage christian dior logo bag from passed down from my hipster grandma

worst: no such thing.
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Best: $800 Descente ski jacket (not really that expensive, but when you are 12 years old, that is a solid gift ;)).

Worst: Yellow highlighter ($1.99) from my brother (he was like 8 years old at the time).

Cheers ... Ian :)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ila

TRIBE Member
best: awesome, awesome watch from my boyfriend

worst: bookmarks, wrapped. does anyone actually use bookmarks? I memorize page numbers like I thought the rest of the world did.
 

sarafina

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Best: $800 Descente ski jacket (not really that expensive, but when you are 12 years old, that is a solid gift ;)).

Worst: Yellow highlighter ($1.99) from my brother (he was like 8 years old at the time).

Cheers ... Ian :)
of course you put the prices ian!! ;) :p

not that expensive??
 

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sarafina
of course you put the prices ian!! ;) :p

not that expensive??
I only put the price cuz I ono if many people know about Descente skiwear. It was so cheap that I was almost embarassed to admit it. ;) j/k!

The funny thing is that my mother thought it was a total ripoff when she bought it, but after I grew out of it, she started wearing it, and realized how nice of a ski jacket it really was.

Cheers ... Ian :)
 
Top