1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Best wings in Buffalo

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by wineandboogie, Jun 15, 2010.

1. wineandboogie

wineandboogie TRIBE Member

headin' down on the weekend. Lookin forward to getting my wing on.

Suggestions?

I'm partial to Anchor Bar myself

2. OutcastTO

OutcastTO TRIBE Member

I went to school in Buffalo for 8 months and I think Anchor Bar has great wings, but just about everywhere in Buffalo has great wings. After I got sick of the Anchor Bar, I went to other places with better atmosphere and a better neighbourhood than the Anchor Bar. These include:

Pearl St Grill and Brewery which has good wings and a bunch of different beers that are brewed in-house

JP Bullfeather's
    which has a good patio and good food other than their wings, which are pretty good (the Jack Daniel's wings are tasty)

and my favourite place to go for food and beer in Buffalo is/was Coles. They have a great patio, lots of american micro-brews on tap and excellent food. In a decent/hip area.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. derek

derek TRIBE Member

there's a real shady spot on niagara not to far south of hertel that has amazing wings. can't remember the name.

the two recs above get my vote:

pearl st is nice. if i'm in buffalo on business, and there overnight, i usually go here. they have a chocolate stout the brew on-site that's delicious.

i like jp bullfeathers as well.

if you've been to anchor already, try one of the above.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Jackos Pizzeria 7320 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14304-4008, United States

Best Pizza and wings in Buffalo hands down.

5. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

I love Anchor Bar, but I guess the atmosphere would suck in there without a Sabres game going on.

6. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Buffalo has Bocce Club... amazing pizza and wings. It is on Clinton St.

I've never tried that specific one though... I've eaten Bocce Club pizza out in East Amherst.

7. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

"Back in the day" my friends and I used to visit a place called Honey's Sports Bar. Had amazing wings but it was a long time ago. I'm pretty sure it's still around....it's like 5-10 minutes away from the border.

Lobo

8. wineandboogie

wineandboogie TRIBE Member

so I ended up going to elmo's on millersport hwy. which was closed. Went to Duff's instead(1st time) good wings(too much sauce though) and a good price. 2 pounds(or so) fries and a pitcher of loganberry juice for $20.

Thanks for all the suggestions, i have some spots for future reference.

9. rhyss

rhyss TRIBE Member

honey's all the way

10. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Loganberry juice! A.k.a. fart fuel.

11. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

Buffalo wings were invented in Buffalo

12. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

This. I was a regular here when I went to school in the Niagara area. We'd stock up, bring em home and freeze em too. mmmmmmm Funny the parking lot was always full of cars with Canadian plates.

13. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I for one, growing up in a border town, wholeheartedly recommend the BRICKYARD in Lewiston New York. Situated in a very posh, Niagara On The Lake like neighborhood, this restaurant offers the best SMOKED wings with an amazing dry rub spice that'll have you coming back for more. It's definitely a break from the conventional saucy style of 'buffalo wing', but man are they good...

14. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

We used to dive in just for Honey's wings and come home

15. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

I still remember the look on the border guard's face when we confirmed that yes we did in fact drive all the way from Toronto for wings because they're that good. :)

Lobo

16. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

I know - they used to have to ask us twice because they didn't believe we were crossing the border just for wings. Where did those days go when I had enough time to drive 2 hours for wings?

17. kidvproductionz

kidvproductionz TRIBE Promoter

I can honestly say ive never had a bad wing in Buffalo. Ive lived here my whole life and travelled the world wings are good here. We have some great quaint little restaraunts in the elmwood area that are killer too. Best food in buffalo, (maybe its because its 5am after drinking till 4) but Id have to say is Jims Steakout. They ROCK!

Bocci's pizza also has a chicken wing pizza thats pretty good too.

I love TO, had MANY great times in canada. I heart Canada! You guys rock!

Nick Kin
    Buffalo Blues N BBQ Festival
    Home