• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best west --> east driving routes

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
for those of you who live in mississauga etobicoke or the west end, or are just generally a savvy driver, do you have any routes you can recommend from getting into mid-town toronto from the west end during rush hour? there may not be any great short cuts, but i would prefer a slow but methodical drive through side streets or lesser travelled main streets to the perpetual jam on the 427/401/gardiner.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
for those of you who live in mississauga etobicoke or the west end, or are just generally a savvy driver, do you have any routes you can recommend from getting into mid-town toronto from the west end during rush hour? there may not be any great short cuts, but i would prefer a slow but methodical drive through side streets or lesser travelled main streets to the perpetual jam on the 427/401/gardiner.
for mid town there's Lawrence which is reasonable, Eglinton which is congested in some parts but usually not bad

djfear

TRIBE Member
Care to provide some intersections as a starter point? It would help in your route planning.

Also, estimated departure or arrival times as well. 9-5? 8-4? 7-3? 10-6? 8-6?

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
near the airport (eglinton and matheson) to eglinton and bathurst; this is for once/week after work so leaving 530ish. eglinton, st clair and the 401 are usually bumper to bumper. lawrence seems like a good suggestion. also considering dundas to symington to davenport or dupont.

djfear

TRIBE Member
My suggestion would be to just use google maps and select traffic and pick your day (or if it's random then pick Tuesday), and plan it for a specific time.

Often times taking side streets may seem quicker but only if you're bypassing real bottlenecks and not just volume. Also certain places are always a clusterfuck no matter which direction you're going, for example Allen & Eglington. Also make a mental note of any construction.

I think it will just take a couple of practice runs, but the rule of thumb is generally that the most direct way is the fastest, so try not to deviate too much since traffic is pretty brutal at 5:30-6:00pm.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lucky1

TRIBE Member
drive west along eglinton, turn north at Keele, Turn right (west) onto beachborough(a few blocks north of Eglinton), drive west at calendonia it turns into castelfield, at Dufferin it turns into Roselawan. Keep going all the way to Bathurst.