1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Best VST plugins...

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Static EQ, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

Im shopping for plugins... just wondering what your experiences have been, and what you think a good value for the money is.

2. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

What kind of plugiins? Effects, mastering, instruments?

3. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

Anything thats good really

4. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

For VST instruments anything by Native Instruments is brilliant. From them I have Kontakt, a great sampler, Pro-53 and FM7 synthesizers. Both the synthesizers sound amazing and the sampler is very versatile and you can do a lot of crazy and creative things with it. Check their website for demos www.nativeinstruments.de . I also just got a hold of Novations V-Station, but haven't played with it much. The presets on it sound pretty good.

For effects I use is Waves plug-ins. They are great. I don't know about anything else really. There might be some other good stuff out there now, for cheaper too, that would be comparable to the Waves plugins. I wouldn't mind having one of those DSP cards from Mackie, the UAD-1. It supposed to have great compressors and reverb and track effects. I think it's on www.mackie.com

5. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

definitely the UAD-1. best bang for the buck!

6. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

^^^ How much again? I've been thinking about getting one for a while...but never ever really looked into it...

7. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I just inquired about it yesterday at saved by tech, they told me $999. I've heard that you can get it from the US for cheapter, around 600USD, ~820CND.

8. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

That thing basically gives you a whole pile of effects that will not place any load on your cpu?

9. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

yup. It's got it's own super dooper dsp chips that do all the number crunching so that the host's cpu is never touched. You can also install more than one card in your puter now too.

10. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

Is there a laptop version?

11. Static EQ

Static EQ TRIBE Member

ps. your "24 hours to save the earth" was pretty cool, wicked packaging too :)

12. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

unfortunately no, there isn't a laptop version as of yet. However, Waldorf recently introduced an outboard analogue filter module that loads up as a vst device (via USB). Peep it here:

http://www.waldorf-music.com/products/afb/

13. dsp909

dsp909 TRIBE Member

Ohm Force all the way...

used the ohmboyz plugin for the vocal effect on cluster 55...