• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Best Tacos in Toronto?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I love myself soft and hard shell texican tacos! its probably the second best food ever created!

I've been to a couple places:
- TacoVilla on St. Clair W.
- the Old Tortilla Flats at Queen and Spadina
- pretty much ever Taco Bell I lay eyes on
- this place on the north side Clinton and Bloor that i forget the name.

they were all mighty tacos and I enjoyed them thoroughly... but I don't want to miss out on any other texmex delights!

where is the best taco in town?!? (no vagina jokes, please)

OLE!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
no, I don't think its called ass whore... but it is good! and the korean soup house across the street is damn rad too!

where's hernando's? if i go there, I have to sing "DO YOU HEAR THE WIND HERNANDO?"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
dos amigos - 1201 bathurst (near dupont i believe)

great mexican food.

d

p.s. i'm partial to fajitas myself and sneaky dees have the best i've had in toronto hands-down.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I would also take any wild and awesome taco recipes... I'm pretty sure i could eat my weight in hamburger, sour creme and salsa.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
CIRCE (Sir C) said:
Hernando's authentic?..or a western half-pound of dead cow burrito?

I tried "authentic" tacos in arizona and I liked them! but I also like half a cow of grey'd beef!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
don't be crass with me, young man!

Vinder had a taco party once... I enjoyed it immensely! kudos to tacos, vinder!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I still think Taco Bell makes the best tacos. Plain, no tomato or sour cream.

Or Gonzo's. I don't like when the shell is too homemade tasting. It's gotta be really thin. As thin as possible.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
tribe had a chili competition... why not a texican delight fiesta! and then people can try their hand at the cuisine mexican!

I ofcourse will be the judge and award prizes... the only winner being my belly.

start a roll call!

vinder

TRIBE Member
that's not a bad idea. my old boss was mexican, and made awesome authentic tacos. they were usually beans, or potatoes, and the tacos themselves were soft. he also made KILLER salsa, burny but tasty.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
"taco" is the one word you can't say with a spanish accent to make it seem like you actually know what your talking about.

I went to school with a guy who would say epinadas and burrrrrrritos but he couldn't prove his spanish speaking skills with taco.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
could texican replace thai as the tribe "it" food! could pho be ousted and replaced with "lets meet up for refried beans" will green house gases increase expontentially??!?

find out all this and more... same bat time, same bat channel.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
dos amigos - 1201 bathurst (near dupont i believe)

great mexican food.

d

p.s. i'm partial to fajitas myself and sneaky dees have the best i've had in toronto hands-down.
I was highly unimpressed with their tacos. I went there with a bunch of people once - most people got burritos/other things - which looked great (and tasted pretty good to).

However, I decided to order the Tacos - they were small, the beef was chewy/gross, the shells didnt taste good, and they didnt come with nearly enough toppings and left me very un-full.

I was expecting good tacos being a mexican place and all, but they sucked.