• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Best Restaurants - the Beaches

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
if you go a few blocks east of leslie there is a great restaurant called Pulp Kitchen

thats not the beach though so i have been no help
 

futronic

TRIBE Member
There aren't any. Well, Yumei Sushi, and maybe Sauvignon (just west of Woodbine). That's about it.

Sorry man - restaurants here are dismal.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kmac

TRIBE Member
Arax - it's middle eastern-type tapas, and I recall there being a lot of non-meat options. The owner is out of his mind and will feed you and sing to you and stuff. Good times.
 

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
beaches restaurants suck for the most part. leslieville is where its at.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Arax - it's middle eastern-type tapas, and I recall there being a lot of non-meat options. The owner is out of his mind and will feed you and sing to you and stuff. Good times.

does the owner still let middle aged women dance on the bar?

b
 

2canplay

TRIBE Member
True, restaurants in The Beach are dismal. For good veggie, head up to Gerrard and Ashdale for Indian food - good, cheap and veggie...

I think the only restaurant in the Beach that is worth any time is Yumei Sushi on the North Side of Queen, past Belfair, near Gabby's.
 

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
le bricoleur said:
does the owner still let middle aged women dance on the bar?

b

I didn't know kmac was middle aged...time has been kind to her! I wouldn't have guessed a day over 37.


I should really know you better before making jokes like that
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

futronic

TRIBE Member
Bow-Thai is awful. If you want Thai in the Beach, you're better off goinging to Thai House. Arax has recently changed its menu to French-Italian fusion or whatever, so I have no idea what it's like.

-- Jay aka Fut
 

sugar

TRIBE Member
2canplay said:
True, restaurants in The Beach are dismal. For good veggie, head up to Gerrard and Ashdale for Indian food - good, cheap and veggie...

I think the only restaurant in the Beach that is worth any time is Yumei Sushi on the North Side of Queen, past Belfair, near Gabby's.

Yumei Sushi is nowhere near Belfair. It's between Wineva and Hammersmith.

My mom and stepdad went to a new place called Michelle (I think) for their anniversary, and it met my stepdad's extremely finicky tastes. I think the menu is "French" (in quotes purposely, because it is probably not strictly French). They didn't think it was amazing, but they both enjoyed it (and said the service was great, and the back patio beautifully decorated). It's on the south side of Queen in the same block as Whitlocks. No clue about veggie options.
 

futronic

TRIBE Member
Michelle is new. It's where Stoney's used to be. I think it just opened up a little more than a month ago. Maybe 6 weeks. Heard positive things, although I haven't been myself.

-- Jay aka Fut
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
any other recomendations? heading out to dinner in about an hour and they want to goto the beaches -- never been there so cant think of anything myself. Was kinda in the mood for Indian but whatever is good.
 
Top