• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best reception on a cell phone

deep

TRIBE Member
disregard all other considerations, for you cell phone jocks what is the phone with the best reception (and preferably available from bell mobility?)

I like my phone (LG TM250) but my parents' one is shite (audiovox cdm-8600 colour flip) and they want to replace it

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
none are great, but I've been pretty happy with teh Samsung A500. I use it only when I'm going out of urban areas, and into more sparsely populated places.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
i have the same phone, LG TM250, and I find the reception to be pretty good. It all really depends on where it's being used.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
I've got the Kyocera 5135. No problems with reception at all. The wife has a different Kyocera model. Same with her, no probs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
I've got the Kyocera 5135. No problems with reception at all. The wife has a different Kyocera model. Same with her, no probs.

what about reception within buildings/houses etc? No problem there?

Stan

TRIBE Member
Ahh but how much of the reception quality is dependent on the cellphone and how much is dependent on the network it's using?

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I enjoyed the SE P800 for the 4 days I was using it. Switched to a Siemens SL56 and now I'm back with the V60g.

check yer PMs Deepykins.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
My motorola V60 gets a signal (albeit a shitty one) on basement level 5 of our parking garage. It also managed short signal bursts while on the plane to vegas. I didn't try and call anyone, but the clock was auto-updating via the timezones as we passed through them.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
My motorola V60 gets a signal (albeit a shitty one) on basement level 5 of our parking garage. It also managed short signal bursts while on the plane to vegas. I didn't try and call anyone, but the clock was auto-updating via the timezones as we passed through them.

have you figured out any songs for the 'my tones' option on yer phone? I have a couple that I could send you... they're nothing fancy.. but it mixes up the ringtones.

:)

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
have you figured out any songs for the 'my tones' option on yer phone? I have a couple that I could send you... they're nothing fancy.. but it mixes up the ringtones.

:)

I input endless wave by the kamaya painters by hand when i got it :)
how do you send them?

Animo Felonico

TRIBE Member
For the v60 owners: what carrier are you with? I really like this phone, and the only network (of telus, bell and rogers) that supported it, was rogers. I knew rogers' signal strength was pathetic, but I wasn't prepared for my phone to barely work in any buildings. Do you guys use another network? Also, mine is TDMA colour version, not a GSM version.

Also, what does anyone think of the samsung a460 on bell?
Specifically, I need it to work in Buildings in downtown T.O.

Thanks for any input. Word.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
My reception is great! I get calls and voicemails in the subway!
Sometimes no, but most of the time, my phone rings on the subway. So at least I know who called.

I don't know what people were talking about, the Motorola T720 is great!
And I don't get made fun anymore for having the phone that was bigger than Val's head!

sk8

TRIBE Member
i had a samsung for work and it was the best phone for reception by far out of any i've used or seen friends use. it's no longer available but when i showed it to a bell guy he said it was the cadillac of cell phones and couldn't understand why they stopped making them.

unfortunately it was a work phone and i couldn't keep it.

i bought a much cheaper samsung (from bell) and have absolutely no complaints. the
Samsung SCH-N370

so i'm going with samsung.