• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

best psytrance sets of all time

Variant

TRIBE Member
I have a few on my mixcloud page. This is probably the most rockin:

Fiat by estravan | Mixcloud

Setlist:

1.My Baby - MOS
2.Kaha - Triamera
3.Trip Tonite - Wizzy Noise
4.Darthavaddah - Southwild
5.Endorphin - Pergamon
6.Anasazi - Farebi Jalebi
7.Weird Egg - Four Carry Nuts
8.Constructive Destruction - Southwild
9.Angry Pron - Gamaliel
10.Kitchen sync - Synchro
11.Sevgilim - Psycoholic & Alfida
12.Shitty Stick - Slinky Nuns

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Im all over psytrance these days. If you have a favourite please share.
What do you like? Full on? Goa? Dark? I could probably dig up a few of my favorites if I knew what you were in to.. Also, I am very fond of my own mixes :)

This mix is probably the last one I did and all of the tracks were acquired from Ektoplazm.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/jhardy/j-hardy-one-less-hippy[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Tracklist:

Title / Artist / Release

Psychedelic Liberation / Extrinsic / The LSD Connection
754-B / Chronos / Sacred Sunrise Vol. 1
Disappearance Revision / Computer Addict / Life On Earth
Alchemy / Paratech / Landing
Technoid Energized / ManMadeMan / Spectral Circuitry
The Seven Moons (Live Edit Remix 2005) / Hypnoxock / Oddities
Virus / Keamia / Diagnosis
Rubiks Hypercube / Sonic Spice / Liquid Reality
Green Guy / The 1134 / Ghost Train
Sattva / Interconnekted / Full Galaxy
The Madman's Tale / Naspa / Pan

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/jhardy/tr-april-mix[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Tracklist

Bushman - Mickey Finn
Laughing Buddha - Lighting Games
AMD - Slightly Turbo
Astrix & DJ Dimitri - Evox
Hydropnic - Eb 'n Flow
Save The Robot - Dream On Halloween
V-Storm & Interactive - Simple Programs
Psysex - Alien Cop (Eskimo Remix)
The Electric Ant - First Run (Commercial Hippies Remix)
Transwave - Cycles Of Life
SubConsciousMind - Essenz

Enjoy!

Jay

Last edited:

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Tribe's Basilisk is a heck of a psytrance (among other things) DJ. He has a tonne of mixes, my favourite is Heliocentric (awesome for downhill skiing), but they are all good.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I would say Goa is my favourite. Full On a close second. Ive been rolling through Youtube, trying to figure out different artist i like. I was enjoying Space Tribe, Sundose and Ace Ventura today. I will definitely check out your recommendations. There is a lot that starts sounding the same. I like some songs that take a different beat or vocal.

Last edited:

maphi

TRIBE Member
I would say Goa is my favourite. Full On a close second. Ive been rolling through Youtube, trying to figure out different artist i like. I was enjoying Space Tribe, Sundose and Ace Ventura today. I will definitely check out your recommendations. There is a lot that starts sounding the same. I like some songs that take a different beat or vocal.
One of the best acts out there today is LOUD from Israel. Top notch production, new school goa sounds (bordering on a 90's 'Electronica' type vibe at times).

https://soundcloud.com/loudmusic

For Fullon, check out Rinkadink, Ajja, Southwild, EVP/Reality Grid, Big Scarey Monsters... Anything on Wildthings Records is great.

maphi

TRIBE Member
If none of that is crazy enough for you, check out some of the craziest hi-tek super psychedelic music a la Psykovsky, Kindzaza, Whrrik... Warning... May cause seizures at 180bpm. Sense of humour required.

maphi

TRIBE Member
If you're not sure what sub-genre is your favourite, check out Swiss producer Electrypnose. He is super prolific, often releasing 3 albums a year in different genres. He covers all the bases from ambient/downtempo to electro, progressive, full-on & forest. All of his tracks are super crisp and quite inventive. His best album in my opinion is his electro album called Funked Up. But all of his stuff is great.

Electrypnose - Fractalisation De Lego - YouTube

maphi

TRIBE Member
If you're feeling adventurous this summer, check out North America's best psy-oriented festival. 3 stages covering all the bases from psytrance, prog, techno, downtempo, bass music. Amazing vibe, high production value, best festival sound system you are going to find anywhere in Canada. And super friendly party people (and tons of smiling beautiful women).

Eclipse Festival | Summer Electronic Music festival in Canada organised by Tech Safari Productions.

The lineup this year is stellar. Atmos, Behind Blue Eyes, Avalon, Menog, Grouch, Electrypnose, Victor Ruiz, Radioactive Sandwich, FM Radio Gods, Aes Dana, Desert Dwellers and tons more... It's going to be epic.

Of course, if you're feeling VERY adventurous, Boom Festival in Portugal is happening this year. 30,000 people from 100+ countries. It's the world's premier psy festival and it's a whole new level of "holy shit I can't believe something this amazing is even possible, let alone happening here right now". Highly highly highly recommended, even if you don't like the music.

BOOM FESTIVAL, 1997-2014, Oneness | Music | Arts | Environment | Culture | Love

[YOUTUBE]ZTrsenzgJCQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]e_IlHSSIvac[/YOUTUBE]

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I've been loving Ace Ventura for the past couple years. His stuff kind of bridges over to Progressive House almost. I don't like the really fast / insane psy-trance.

this is one of his best mixes ever. everything else pales in comparison:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/schatsi/ace-ventura-autumn-progmix-1[/soundcloud]

and last summer i played a psy-trance set at an outdoor party i'm in involved in:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/veteze/summer-camp-5-psy-saturday[/soundcloud]

and go to boom! it's amazing. we're going back this year. ;)

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I've been loving Ace Ventura for the past couple years. His stuff kind of bridges over to Progressive House almost. I don't like the really fast / insane psy-trance.

this is one of his best mixes ever. everything else pales in comparison:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/schatsi/ace-ventura-autumn-progmix-1[/soundcloud]
thanks for this! Fully enjoyed it.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
If you're feeling adventurous this summer, check out North America's best psy-oriented festival. 3 stages covering all the bases from psytrance, prog, techno, downtempo, bass music. Amazing vibe, high production value, best festival sound system you are going to find anywhere in Canada. And super friendly party people (and tons of smiling beautiful women).

Eclipse Festival | Summer Electronic Music festival in Canada organised by Tech Safari Productions.
I would love to attend this. I need a solid 72 hours in nature with big beats. Im already thinking of my excuses to get out of child care duties. This sounds amazing. I had this weird dream last night I was in a store buying some tripped out pants for this party, but they didnt have my size. Shit. lol. It must be on my mind.

maphi

TRIBE Member
What is Forest?

Sounds interesting.

Forest is kind of fast and crazy trippy nighttime music. It's sometimes mislabeled as "dark psy". Dark psy is similar, but often much faster with some pretty heavy overtones. Maybe a little too much for your average hippie. Of course, there is a dark/forest subgenre.

[YOUTUBE]AosOTTN78Qo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SgiO1AKGD68[/YOUTUBE]