1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Best private island rentals?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by WestsideWax, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Promised the wife a week of white sand beach and grovelling servants, only criteria is that it isn't in the UAE, too cookie-cutter for her tastes.

Bueller?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

3. WestsideWax

Any personal experience/feedback on any of these? Most of them look like hovels, 4⅞ star at best...

[​IMG]

Yeeeeah, boyeeeee!

4. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

I hope that eventually there's a 'rich tribers' subforum which can only be accessed by people who make in excess of a certain amount per year to be proven by sending tax statements to alex d.

5. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I pay my team of accountants top dollar to ensure my tax statements are as close to zero as possible.

6. WestsideWax

My team of accountants is an elite force made up of members of Man U. and several F1 drivers.

I'd mention names, but moonlighting and all...you know how it is.

7. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Why not just Buy an Island then return it within the 30 day refund policy?

That's what I always do.

8. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

To be truthful though the eye candy at Hanlan's Point is rather old and wizened..

10. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

11. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

:rolleyes: There are places for as little as $1500/week on the website posted above. You must be a "rich triber" if you aren't satisfied with Wasaga Beach.

12. Hybrid

Hybrid TRIBE Member

13. Mephisto

Mephisto TRIBE Member

do these islands come with a place to hang my suits?

14. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

reminds me of that Richard Branson cribs episode

[YOUTUBE]OBGifoCDn1o[/YOUTUBE]

love how they just casually run into Mariah Carey on the tour

15. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I stayed here for awhile .

[​IMG]

16. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

A bunch of friends and I actually did rent the island of Mbudya for a day. Almost got bit by a snake while walking drunk and barefoot in the jungle/forest, not a bright idea. Got a wicked sunburn and had a brief encounter with pirates before some form of coast guard showed up. They made us leave :(

[​IMG]

However, unless you have connections with the Swiss embassy, I doubt you'll be able to do the same. Plus it's kinda far. Also, you have to camp which may not be your forte.

-jM
    A&D

17. awwnaw

awwnaw TRIBE Member

bahhhh!