• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best patio in the city?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
It's that time of your again patio season, so where is your favorite place to go in the city for some patio action?

my top 3

Black bull purely for location

the old Tortilla flats - haven't been in 2 years but it's always been a good spot

Vivoli nice rooftop patio right on the main strip of college + they serve excellent pizza.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been to the Pilot's patio? I've been to the Pilot a million times (where my parents met), but never to their patio....

Ultra apparently has a huge patio also. Anyone been there?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Michael Drury

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
Ultra apparently has a huge patio also. Anyone been there?
I love the Ultra Patio - great location and a great looking patio. I will be up there lots this summer - also a great meeting spot for after work drinks :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
^^ been to the Pilot's patio- very nice, lots of sun in the after noon.

My Ranking:

1.Hemingway's- location, selection, decent food

2. Pour House- New Rooftop patio and existing ground level one. Good Food and a 2 minute stumble home:D

3. Black Bull- Location and People watching & that's about it. If Aunties and Uncles didn't exist, this place would have the worst service in the city

dyad

TRIBE Member
OutcastTO said:
2. Pour House- New Rooftop patio and existing ground level one. Good Food and a 2 minute stumble home:D
ugh i used to work there when they opened (and it was just the ground level one) so freaking hot and spending the entire day in the blistering sun was torture! (going back as a patron i feel differently though :))

i would vote for the Done Right Inn because of the backyard appeal and huge tree... and the fact that they take canadian tire money on par with actual currency.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
Vivoli nice rooftop patio right on the main strip of college + they serve excellent pizza.
This is one of my favs as well. Great location, great pizza, and the patio itself is really nice (looks like it's all cedar maybe?)

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Also the patio at Sutra on college (I think that's the name) is really cute although pretty small. It's a tiki theme and they have sand on the ground.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
As cheesey as it is, gretzky's has a kickass rooftop patio...

For dining, urban has an incredible rooftop patio. Fresh on queen w has a nice big one too. Vivoli's is great.

Mel's montreal diner has a wicked one for breakfast! good for people watching.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
RIP the Beverley across from CityTV. That had the best rooftop patio!

Irie on Queen west is pretty good too

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
My favorite patio is MY patio! Brilliant sunshine daily, no cover,line-ups or dress-code>clothing optional> and the cheapest booze in town. huzzah.

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
club patios

c lounge
budo
ultra
the drake

restaurant patios

john's italian cafe
peter pan
karen's wine and cheese backpatio
cafe la gaffe
amber

relaxed/pub patios

the back of whatever name of the irish pub next to danforth music hall
la hacienda
ronnie's on nassau
hemingways
black bull (if i'm lazy and in the area on a hot sunny day)

there's probably more.. but i'm lazy

~atp~

TRIBE Member
what about a patio that is: a) good people-watching, b) serves good beer, c) isn't pretentious.

??