• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best movies about college?

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
cmon cmon name some. the rules of attraction is fast approaching release date and it looks like it could be a classic. now what are the ultimate classic university comedy life movie that have been made?

Stop Bill C-10

Rosey

TRIBE Member
PCU is awesome. sooo funny.
especially if you go to U of T, and especially victoria college. cause large chunks of it were filmed there.

and you can't forget animal house.

G

Originally posted by dj_jake_the_snake
cmon cmon name some. the rules of attraction is fast approaching release date and it looks like it could be a classic. now what are the ultimate classic university comedy life movie that have been made?

Rules of Attraction is a book by Brett Easton Ellis, it's by the same guy that wrote American Psycho, if they butchered it and turned it into a comedy, then it' sNOT worth seeing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
belushi-john-jack-daniels-4000272.jpg

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj_jake_the_snake

I can't really see a film adaptation of The Rules of Attraction being successful.. I mean.. you're working with a novel where the main male character is the younger brother of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.. Characters from other Ellis novels (like Clay from Less Than Zero and Victor from Glamorama).. and in typical Ellis style, you're dealing with a lot but you're not dealing with a lot..

I bet they'll try to make it all satirical and funny and mess it all up.

and it's a story that might bore you but you don't have to listen, she told me, because she always knew it was going to be like that, and it was, she thinks, her first year, or, actually weekend, really a Friday, in September, at Camden, and this was three or four years ago, and she got so drunk that she ended up in bed, lost her virginity (late, she was eighteen) in Lorna Slavin's room, because she was a Freshman and had a roommate and Lorna was, she remembers, a Senior or a Junior and usually sometimes at her boyfriend's place off-campus, to who she thought was a Sophmore Ceramics major but who was actually either some guy from N.Y.U., a film student, and up in New Hampshire just for The Dressed To Get Screwed party, or a townie.
That's the first sentence of The Rules of Attraction. Oh Ellis, how I love you.

G

Re: Re: best movies about college?

Originally posted by stargurl*

That's the first sentence of The Rules of Attraction. Oh Ellis, how I love you.

Stargurl will you marry me!!!

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error

nuff said. animal house, the godfather of all college movies!

agreed 100%...

it was based on john landis' (director) experiences at mccay hall here at mcmaster...if you look closely during the "shout" scene, you can see the words MAC tagged on the wall....

c.