• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best mix you dled off of tribe this year?

patri©k

TRIBE Member
probably an isoprax mix.

BBB's tune, 'enter the chutney' was pretty dope too... so that gets an honourable mention.

HEY BEEBS....

wednesday morn.. 11am. you down ?

patrick

Nesta

TRIBE Member
oddmyth - minimalis 1 & 2

however, triber mix of the year goes to gareth lewis' seq11. i got it directly from the man himself.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Man, I listened to so many good mixes from TRIBERS this year.

Trevor Wilkes (isoprax) Sept 18 2003 (which I am listening to right now for the first time in a while) set is probably the set I downloaded here that I went the most apeshit over. Honourable mention to a bunch of TW's other mixes too..

HOWEVER!

..that set is tied with Oddmyth's Dust In The Rain mix for favourite. Those two most definitely.

Honourable mentions:

(TRIBE mixes)

Oddmyth ~ minimalis I and II (I love them!)
gareth lewis seq11
Monro Secor ~ Nailed

(TRIBE DJ DEMOS)

Eric Lork ~ In The Can
L Train ~ (Second) Abduction
L Train ~ (Third) Reintegration
J Mat ~ Electric Monkey

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU WHO SPEND THE TIME AND ENERGY SO PEOPLE LIKE ME CAN ENJOY THE MUSIC!!! YOU GUYS ROCK.

BBB.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

derek

TRIBE Member
yup the gareth lewis gets alot of play at my house.

oddmyth gave me a cd - the main event- a few months back, and i been lovin' it to.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
In no particular order.

Curt & Dougie - The show where Dougie plays all his new Detroit rekkids.

Isoprax - Just about any show, they are all up my alley.

DJ Doublecross - Summer Sessions 1 & 2 - sweet dnb pressure, luving it!

odbx

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Oddmyth - Serpents Don't Walk -> ruled !

and I always enjoy a sizeable proportion of duggies sets as well

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
i listened to nowhere enough techno this past year....the sets which kept me going through my sleepless nights were oddmyths minimal series

ladd

TRIBE Member
i really enjoyed oddmyths dust in the rain, and also the set by gareth lewis. (everytime time I think of his set, the first thing that comes to mind is the michael jackson sample)

anyways lots of great music this year!

ian

TRIBE Member
I'm sure I'm missing a few but these were my quick faves after looking through my MP3 collection:

Oddmyth - Dust In The Rain (quality, quality, quality)
Marquis Dee - Elect Richard - Lust To Love (nice and cheesy)
Engine - Spystory-pt1 (aceeiiiiddd!)

-ian g.

erk

TRIBE Member
Got CDs from TRIBE folk that have been fun:

Brandon Dove "Letting Go"
Caspian Rabone "French Riviera"
Curt Martin "The Light"
Jeff Cochran "DJ Mix 2003"
Jeremy P. Caulfield "Mix 2003"
L-Train "Introverted"
Monro Secor "Nailed"
Stewart Douglas "Resurgence"

seeker

TRIBE Member
While all of the mixes listed are great (and I've leached them all -- muahahhahahahahahaa!), I'm going to vote for one that nobody else has mentioned:

Task - Electronic Sound

I got this from a link he posted just after the blackout in August, and have listened to it probably once a week since. Tight, trippy, well-programmed.

monro

TRIBE Member
wow,,thanx for the mentions about "nailed",,i am really glad u guys/gals liked it and honored that it stuck out as a favorite :)

also, i didnt have cd copies of my most recent mix when i posted it but if anyone would like me to send a copy of "psychosis" just pm me and i will happily do so... if u want to check the ra/dl links or tracklisting its here http://monrosecor.com/audio.html

i listened to a lot of great stuff this yr,,,hard to pick but def remember enjoying mixes by Patrick DSP as well as his production which was a part of several sets and my latest mix this year...

thanx to all the techno makers and mixers!