• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Best "jack your body" memories

diablo

TRIBE Member
So we've all been to lots of parties, but a few times stand out where you've just lost your shit on the dancefloor. Let's hear about it.

For me it was Alex Peace and Bam Bam on 4 decks at Liquid Groove Quest 4 Vibes at some warehouse in the west end (somewhere on Dufferin, I think). 1999 (maybe 2000?). Pure Chicago mentalness. The peak of it all was when they dropped "Work This MF" by DJ Deeon. Almost broke my neck.

This thread brought to you by old Bad Boy Bill CDs.

Ninjetta

TRIBE Member
diablo said:
So we've all been to lots of parties, but a few times stand out where you've just lost your shit on the dancefloor. Let's hear about it.

For me it was Alex Peace and Bam Bam on 4 decks at Liquid Groove Quest 4 Vibes at some warehouse in the west end (somewhere on Dufferin, I think). 1999 (maybe 2000?). Pure Chicago mentalness. The peak of it all was when they dropped "Work This MF" by DJ Deeon. Almost broke my neck.

This thread brought to you by old Bad Boy Bill CDs.

I was there too!!! It was off Caledonia (just west of dufferin) I walked there from my house at the time.

Baters

TRIBE Member
For me it was the Derrick May/Kevin Saunderson party (can't remember where) - granted, vices of the evening led to a cartoon panorama in my head as I jived away but i distinctly remmber at one point looking over at my buddy scott who had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face and gave me the uber-thumbs up of approval - i was just starting to get into techno at that point and distinctly remember thinking to myself "this is absoultely brilliant" - i was then assaulted by a visual of a parade of dwarves with hammers charging towards me and ran downstairs to watch kenny glasgow

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

lockedgruv

TRIBE Member
Deep Dish (Global Underground 25 Night) @ Guv

X-press 2 "Muzik X-press"....jaw hit floor, hands in air, did the sucking-on-a-lemon face

Hamza

TRIBE Member
tHE aDVENT@Tonic on FTWK way back in 2000 or 2001....can't remember

I lost my shit for the whole set pretty much.....yeah...someone grabbed my ass a lot...I'm not sure who...but I remember i liked it....I liked it a lot....

Also...sven vath at FTWK...when he played "How is your evening so far" or something like that....

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
Laurent Garnier @ system two years ago!! DJ DAN @ BOA last Canada day maybe. the place was off the hook. wicked vibe and great crowd. That was one of the best nights in a long time.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
some of the more memorable nights of dancing for me:

Richie Hawtin @ Lush Nightclub in London, Ont, Valentines Day Massacre
Jeff Mills @ Boa
DJ Brisk w/MC Storm @ Hullabaloo Funtopia 2

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
grade 8

skydome

2nd row

MC hammer/Vanilla Ice/En Vogue

when MC Hammer started humping the stage right before "Pray" I lost it completely!

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
1) Ed Rush & Optical, New Years Day; System Soundbar.
They laid down the fucking darkest, hardest jungle grooves I had ever heard. It wasn't their production stuff, which sometimes sounds too much like a demented horror acid trip. It was totally dance-able and amazing.

2) Shy FX + MC Skibbadee; sometimes in the winter of 2004; System Soundbar

Brandon

TRIBE Member
For me, it was Juan Atkins at Phryl's Clockwork party at the Masonic Temple back in 1997. I don't know what tracks he was playing, but I completely lost it.

Then someone let a bag of glitter go in front of the giant fan blowing at the front of the stage and I got a face full of it, but that's another story. But good times nonetheless.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Misstress Barbara playing electric deluxe @ aria a few years ago.

There are many others but this moment stands out in my head for some reason.

Bean

TRIBE Member
- laurent garnier, systemssss, april 2004
- steve bug, mockingbird, september 2002

. . .and likely loads more, that aren't popping to mind right now!

Chaos

TRIBE Member
Joel Mull & Cari Lekebusch @ Turbo

Dave Clarke @ Tonic

Jeff Mills @ Boa

Just three of the most insane nights I can think of.

c.

lok

TRIBE Member
Misstress Barbara- Devil's Night- System

rocked my shit

Tom Stephan - BlackNBlue03

electronic waves of lust that charged the crowd

Adam Beyer - Fukhouse - System

Lolmurdered

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I remember being at Dose "Flashback" Summer '99.

Barry Weaver hit the decks and his first song built and built and built until the whole main room was in one of those total hands in the air screaming your ass off ready for the throwdown frenzies... Barry finally dropped the bassline and this pyrotechnic explosion came down from the ceiling like a sonic boom- timed perfectly with the bassline, resonanting through the room, the whole party must have jumped a foot in the air and exploded in unison. I lost my shit for like 5 minutes and when I was done I had no idea what had happened. When I think back, it is still one of the foremost souces of pleasure in my mind from those days and a memory I hope to never lose.

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
UFG Soundcrew (Mike E Bloc and Danny Hybrid) @ "The World Cup of Raving" party held by Better Days in '93 or '94...still have the tapes at home and pull them out on occassion...aaaahh the good ole days!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Andy C @ Turbo.. 2000? maybe 2001.. oh my god

2 KickIT parties. one was at @ Opera House, the other in the warehouse?.. Rahzel, Craze, BLC jungle locals etc.. 2000 - 2002?

Dumonde @ Viva. what. the. fuck.

Chiclet @ Purple Heaven. Palaise Royal.. 2001 or 2

Atomic Hooligan @ some pure phunk thing in Charlies

00 Fleming @ Wemf 2001.. heavenly

all I can think of for now

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Kenny Ken opening his set with "Man of Steel" at Renegades' Mach 1 party in May, 1998. Everyone in the place went completely bonkers.

"KENNY... SUPA... HERO... KEEEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!" *crowd explodes*

It was over 8 years ago and I just got all tingly thinking about it.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Doc Martin at Industry - Summer (?) 1996
Roger Sanchez at The Docks - November (?) 2003
Miguel Migs at Boa - April 2005