• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Best IT recruiting agencies in Toronto?

matty

TRIBE Member
Well, I've decided to rejoin the workforce after taking an extended vacation. Does anyone have any suggestions for agencies, or companies to submit resumes to? I'd prefer not to get involved with some sort of agency that want's to take a portion of my pay every week.

If anyone knows someone looking for Oracle / Cold Fusion people, I'd love to get a heads up with the 411. :)

Thanks!
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
I'd prefer not to get involved with some sort of agency that want's to take a portion of my pay every week.
How long have you been out of the workforce to be dreaming in la-la-land? :D
 

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Best IT recruiting agencies in Toronto?

Originally posted by Balzz


How long have you been out of the workforce to be dreaming in la-la-land? :D
hahaha so true.. most of the large companies deal with contracting agency's almost solely. ie. ibm (kelly services & manpower professional), cibc (manpower), etc..etc..

Cheers,

Dave
 

matty

TRIBE Member
I might be dreaming, but dreaming never hurt anyone. Plus I'm not is a rush so I can bide my time until something perfect pops up.

I'd also like any potential employers to operate a new-concept office with foozball, beer fridge, bikes to ride around the office on, young and funky employees, and flex hours. Is that too much to ask?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m

I'd also like any potential employers to operate a new-concept office with foozball, beer fridge, bikes to ride around the office on, young and funky employees, and flex hours. Is that too much to ask?
Ah, you should check out one of those up-and-coming dot coms that don't actually generate revenue. :D
 

Stan

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I'm looking for a job that lets me sit on my ass all day, eat junk food and download porn off the internet. And hookers and free drugs would be nice too.
 

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Yeah, I'm looking for a job that lets me sit on my ass all day, eat junk food and download porn off the internet. And hookers and free drugs would be nice too.
I would be nice to have a government job, wouldn't it?
 

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
If anyone knows someone looking for Oracle / Cold Fusion people, I'd love to get a heads up with the 411. :)

Thanks!
Dude with Oracle and Cold Fusion you're not going to have much trouble at all. But I gotta tell you the 97-99 office environments are done, no vc for that type of thing anymore. You're looking at a corporate gig unless you want to open up shop on your own. I'm sucking it up right now doing asp/sql for a law firm and it's not bad, the money is good, plenty o' perks (although no foosball and nobody brings their dog...), lot's of money for training and it looks good on a resume when you start selling your services independantly.

Most wap development is being done in cold fusion and as more wireless companies start incorporating e-commerce that Oracle back end is going to be a serious plus, I'd start there. And throw your resume up on monster and workopolis, make sure it's seen around the world, I've received calls from employers in the UK, Ireland and Oz, if the timing had been better I would've been all over those positions.

As far as recruiters, they're all kinda sketchy but I've had good results with Genevieve at Martins Lynch (www.martinslynch.com) and Brendan at Ajilon (www.ajilon.ca)

Good luck B and remember the corporate world ain't so bad as long as you're getting what you want out of it.

Dick
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Best IT recruiting agencies in Toronto?

Originally posted by dicksherwood69

As far as recruiters, they're all kinda sketchy but I've had good results with Genevieve at Martins Lynch (www.martinslynch.com) and Brendan at Ajilon (www.ajilon.ca)

Dick

if you only knew how many positions i applied for through ajilon and never ONCE heard back from them.. grrrr

Dave
 
Top