• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Best DimSum in Toronto?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

GIJill

TRIBE Member
Ha ha...too funny. Just had dim sum for the first time in months today!

Depends what you are looking for. For upscale non-scary dim sum with good service and nice tablecloths (as opposed to the plastic sheets) try Dynasty on Bloor in the Colonnade.

For me, there's nothing better than the utter mayhem in Chinatown, with kids screaming and the din of the crowd. So alive! We went to a place in Chinatown today, 421 Dundas W (only remember because I had to give directions to a friend) up the stairs.

Enjoy!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Perfect Chinese Restaurant. Open 24 hours. Freshest a la carte.

Midland and Sheppard (I think).

New Treasure - Dundas and University. Basement place. Been going there since I was 3 with my mom. Really fresh.

The Bayview Garden on Chestnut used to be good. But I don't know if it's still there? That's a Hilton hotel, right? Don't remember.

Golden Dragon at Broadview and Gerrard is good too.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by GIJill

For me, there's nothing better than the utter mayhem in Chinatown, with kids screaming and the din of the crowd. So alive! We went to a place in Chinatown today, 421 Dundas W (only remember because I had to give directions to a friend) up the stairs.

Enjoy!

Yes, that place is alright too actually!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ha. Well, I judge by the chicken feet.
So maybe it's not a good idea to listen to me.

I remember going to that place as a kid too. It was always the place to go if we had grandma with us. Don't know why.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
We often go to the Golden Mile on the south side of Dundas east of Spadina. It's on the third floor of the building. The Melena Bakery is one store over where I buy deep fried curried beef buns (I have two for lunch - joy!)

The Pink Pearl in Queen's Quay is decent food but expensive. It's a very nice restaurant with a beautiful view of the water. Perfect if you're with people who don't want to do the Chinatown thing.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Perfect Chinese Restaurant. Open 24 hours. Freshest a la carte.

Midland and Sheppard (I think).

Man, I wanna go back soon.
I miss this place already.

pr0nstar :D

diablo

TRIBE Member
For me, there's nothing better than the utter mayhem in Chinatown, with kids screaming and the din of the crowd. So alive!

Do you go to Chuck E Cheeze for pizza? It's so alive.

redeyes

TRIBE Member
We went to a place in Chinatown today, 421 Dundas W (only remember because I had to give directions to a friend) up the stairs.

Enjoy!

i like that place. good, cheap dim sum. the place looks a little dirty but i've never gotten sick.

peace

sam

TRIBE Member
My favs are:

Bright Pearl (Spadina north of Dundas)

It's a big restaurant, but the Dim Sum is consistently great!!!

Lai Wah Heen (Metropolitan Hotel)

The absolute yummiest Dim Sum I have ever had. It's an upscale restaurant, so it is quite pricey, but worth it if you have the cash.

-sam

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Really? I never noticed it being very expensive at all.

i ate there once and it came out to $45 or so for three people. we did that at perfect with 5 people and the same amount if not more food.