1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Best Chocolate in Toronto?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Beer babe, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

Hey guys...want to buy chocolate for a friend who LOVES dark chocolate and is very particular about the chocolate she likes. I need some REALLY good stuff.

She loves Soma, but i'd like to get her something different that she may not have tried before.

Any suggestions?

2. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

Soma is great, but I think that XOCOCAVA is superior.

XOCOCAVA Official Website

3. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

5. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Leonidas is better, but Teuscher, available inside Ashley's, is better (they are flown in weekly from Switzerland).
    In that same goldern 100 metres under Manulife there's also Eitelbach.

7. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

8. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

Excellent thread - i haven't tried most of these places, and really there's no excuse!

9. PeterNomad

PeterNomad TRIBE Member

10. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

11. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

whatever. As much as I like to support the local hippies, chocolate has sugar in it.

12. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

agreed that Soma is the BOMB, however if you want to impress your friend with some unique flavour combinations and primo ingredients, i would second the recommendation for XOCOCAVA.

13. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

OooOo... I've never heard of these before. I've only been recently expanding my chocolate horizons to the likes of Laura Secord, Godiva, and Lindt. I've always figured there has to be something better.

This thread has been bookmarked.

14. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

15. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Stubbe's quality is top notch.

16. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

As a girl of Belgian descent, I can attest that Leonidas is fantastic.
    I was stoked when they opened the location in Leslieville as I can walk there!

17. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Laura Secord does not count as chocolate, really. Godiva is barely gussied up Laura Secord!

18. erika

erika TRIBE Member

If you're going to talk mail-order, this is where I get chocolate when I'm visiting my mother: Maiffret, chocolatier confiseur depuis 1885 (you can order from them)
    and she just sent me chocolates from here that were pretty divine (and from which you can also order online) Chocolatier LenĂ´tre - Chocolats et cadeaux gourmands
    then this is where I go when I'm visiting my cousin, but for that, you have to go to Lyon! Bernachon.com, passion for chocolates (I like the history on this one).

19. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks TRIBE Promoter

20. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Found ourselves at the Distillery District today so ended up at SOMA's for a little visit. Ended up buying both Peruvian and Ecuadorian dark chocolate bars. YUMMY! :cool:

I only eat chocolate in strange OCD conditions. Now that I'm obsessed with chocolate again, I decided to download the film "Chocolat" made in 2000 with Juliette Binoche and Johnny Deppy to refresh my memory of one of people's greatest guilty pleasures. CHOCOLATE!!! :D

21. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

The chocolate in my shorts after a day of biking is pretty rich and creamy

22. octo

octo TRIBE Member

^lol. gross!

it's not boutique chocolate but i've gone through a few bars of this

[​IMG]

23. mr chris

mr chris TRIBE Member

24. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

another vote for SOMA. i'm partial to their "Old School" chocolate (dark chocolate and sugar cane)!!

25. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member