• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best cell phone plans right now..

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
the time has finally come and my contract is up with bell. has anyone found a great plan recently? i will do some shopping around on my own but post any deals you know of in here, as well as any love or hate relationships you have with any providers.

thanks.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I have the best plan next to cell employees and some retention plans.

200 minutes daytime
100 minute canada LD
ULTD Evenings 6pm & WE
free VM
free call ID
free phone
NO SAF
NO 911

$28 +tx

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
meh i finally got a cell phone again

since i dont use it a lot, and i certainly dont base my life around it like most people i know... i just picked up virgin mobile pay as you go...

so far, 10$ has lasted me a month and a half....

meh whatever... all i literally do is call my friends and say "yo what up, got beer? good im coming over" and that's it.

lol

madnezz

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:

200 minutes daytime
100 minute canada LD
ULTD Evenings 6pm & WE
free VM
free call ID
free phone
NO SAF
NO 911

$28 +tx
where did you get this? Is this a hookup/work deal or is it available to the general public?

I pay $40 for:
300 day time minutes
unlimited even/wknd

But they tack on about $10 in fees for service and 911 etc,

plus $10 for unlimited text messaging...

so, at the minimum, my cell bill is about $70 (telus)

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I signed up with *gasp* rogers around christmas and got 700 mins daytime , free even and weekends (after 6) for $45 / month. I yet to see a bill less then $90 for some fucking reason.

Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
kyfe said:

200 minutes daytime
100 minute canada LD
ULTD Evenings 6pm & WE
free VM
free call ID
free phone
NO SAF
NO 911

$28 +tx
I've got something similar with our corporate plan from Bell, only with fewer LD minutes and it's $25+tax

Bean

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
I pay $40 for:
300 day time minutes
unlimited even/wknd

mine's similar, with bell.

bushka

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:

200 minutes daytime
100 minute canada LD
ULTD Evenings 6pm & WE
free VM
free call ID
free phone
NO SAF
NO 911

$28 +tx
Who is this with?

kyfe

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
where did you get this? Is this a hookup/work deal or is it available to the general public?

I pay $40 for:
300 day time minutes
unlimited even/wknd

It was my companys corporate plan thru Bell, I asked Rogers to match they said no, then I said cancel then they matched it when i went to their retention dept.

Funny thing is that I didn't even mention it was a corporate plan, so if anyone quoted it I'm sure they to can get it as rogers has no way of verifying this info.

and yes it's actually $25 +tx for the $28 is tax in. I have to cells under this plan and haven't had a bill over $60 the LD especially comes in handy.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
AgentSanchez said:
What about.. umm.. you know.... cell phone plans that the general public can actually obtain right now?
like I said in my post there was no mention of it being my corp plan when i made the change and Rogers has no way of checking

so I've given you the info so use your charm & whit to get it if you want

angelic

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know how long rogers holds your file/number for when you do cancel???

I am about to negotiate with rogers for a new plan (and new phone) and am trying to prepare before I contact them. I have had my number for about 3/4 years and do not want to lose it but I am sick of them taking all my money. I am getting that the best thing to do is threaten to walk and then go through the retention department.

angelic

TRIBE Member
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for that.......

geez.... see, I need a new phone so maybe I should pay for it as opposed to getting roped into a new contract with rogers... I get a 20% ambassador discount from my evil old roommate that worked for them but it still seems like so much.

I am trying also to look at phones online and my freakin' head is spinning. I would like a camera but I don't need too much other fancy stuff... maybe camera is overrated.

Why is this so hard? :confused:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Go with bell solo. I got 133 daytiem minutes evenings and weekends. Evenings start at 6. Free text unlimited free web unlimited, call waitng caller id. no system fee. no 911 charge. 30 + tax a month.

I would suggest finding someone ready to give up their CityFIDO plan.
$45/month unlimited anytime local calls
Flashy_McFlash said:
I've got something similar with our corporate plan from Bell, only with fewer LD minutes and it's $25+tax
I'm pretty sure I can get you on this plan if you want Joel.

angelic

TRIBE Member
Those plans sound wicked... perhaps I can use that info to negotiate. See the challenge for me is that I want to keep my number since I have had it for a good couple years. So I gotta call damn Rogers and strike a deal!