• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

best bread...

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
so I used to be a wonder bread addict..... for as long as i can remember i indulged in nutella on fresh wonder bread.... mmmm...

but then i stopped fitting in my jeans and i panicked. So i've started eating healthier, i've lowered my carb intake but there is NO WAY i could cut carbs out all together..... so if i'm going to buy bread what's the best kind to by? Which ones are the tastiest but still healthy?

right now i'm eating flax bread.... mmmm sooo soft, but it looks like white bread with seeds?

what do you think? :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
For regular eating I get Stonemill organic whole wheat bread, for BLT's I get sourdough bread, and for steak sandwiches and stuff like that I get Ace baguettes.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
I think 'Breast Bread' would have made for a better thread title.

as for bread... i like toasted pumpernickle with butter. or toasted rye with butter.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
weston now has atkins approved low-carb bread. it's like 6 bucks a loaf. :rolleyes:
it's as good as fat free cheese i'm sure.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Mmmmm...I like the Delicious "Italian style" bread....lotz of butter and brown sugar for meeeeeeeeee!

~Lori

mingster

TRIBE Member
i love sourdough bread. especially when you get it at a restaurant, fresh from the oven.

i also like chala bread. mmmm.

anything with grains in it is going to be a healthy choice.

on a related note: apparently, wonder bread is coming out with a low-carb bread? :|

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
i love sourdough bread. especially when you get it at a restaurant, fresh from the oven.

ohhh man I could live off that stuff... Mmmmmm they have wicked bread at the Keg!

~L

IgStar

TRIBE Member
^^ me too!
so yummy...garlic n hommus!

I eat nothing but flax seed bread and multigrain breads.
Dark rye bread is great too.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mutslaster
weston now has atkins approved low-carb bread. it's like 6 bucks a loaf. :rolleyes:
it's as good as fat free cheese i'm sure.

^^^ that stuff is gross - like cardboard

I indulge in Wonderbread every now and then but ALWAYS feel guilty

the bread I get the most is I think Stonemill - anyways it is fat free multigrain and it is sooooooooo good - you can get it at Loblaws

Ace bakery has this wonderful walnut raison bread that is also amazing.....

Sometimes I daydream about bread - hahah

sk8

TRIBE Member
i have a bread maker. it makes the BEST bread. my favourite is probably whole wheat and honey. i also like to make multigrain and herb bread with thyme and rosemary.

for store bought i usually go to a bakery and get a whole grain or a crusty white bread cause it makes awesome crunchy toast.

for pre-packaged stuff i like the country harvest or the dempsters whole grain family - 12 grain, stone ground whole wheat, 7 grain, flax, oats and honey - they are all good for you and yum.

i don't like pre-packaged white bread - tastes like paste. and makes icky toast.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
soudough breah from MGM bakery in Mississauga on Lakeshore (near Cawthra).. seriously.. best bread in town hands down :D

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Whole Grain Rye bread has the lowest glycemic index of all bread(meaning it releases sugar into the to blood at the slowest rate).

You might want to take a look at this for some more information about carbohydrates.

Shawna

zoo

TRIBE Member
i usually buy Dempster's 12 Grain

this week i'm eating 7 grain though, just to switch it up a little

i never buy plain white or brown bread, it doesn't taste as good to me