• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ben Watt new mix

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Tracklist:
Sweet Electra – Firefly – Nopal
Manoo – A new life – Buzzin Fly
Paris Texas Soundtrack – I knew these people – Warner Bros
Soha – Your Love – Poussez
Rithma – Love & Music – Om
Audiowhores – Nekoosa – Soulfuric
Alex s – Senti Sabi – Buzzin Fly
Manoo – In the morning – Buzzin Fly
Rain People – Trippin on your love – Osiris
Thomas Hass – Careless butterfly – Sonar Kollektiv

http://www.theslamminboys.com/mixes.asp

scroll all the way down for the new mix.

Just listening to it now......relaxing enough to play in the office without my coworkers thinking i'm having a party back here. :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Anyone else check out Ben Watt's label's releases??

Picked up one of Buzzin Fly's releases recently - Sad Piano (Charles Webster Remix)...that is one hot track.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

oeretS

TRIBE Member
^^^^

Yeah man, I been rockin that tons lately, I think it's better than the original, though still I'm waiting for a proper house mix of a Z7 track with Sia Furler on vocals. I'm in love with Sia Furler you see.

and they only gave her one track on the new CD - what gives??

Last edited:

playhouse

TRIBE Member
Sia Furler

Ok, so it's not house music, but the Four Tet Mix of Sia's "Breathe Me" that GP played on the latest Worldwide is incredible!
Check it out... there's also a Q-Tip interview, the jist of which is that THERE WILL BE NO NEW TRIBE RECORD!
Kinda sad, but probably for the best.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Love Mr. Watt's work. Like most things on Buzzin' Fly. I especially like the quality of the sleeves haha

i'm serious.

But it was really all about Holding On for me and still is.

Thanks for the link.

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DeepSix
Love Mr. Watt's work. Like most things on Buzzin' Fly. I especially like the quality of the sleeves haha

i'm serious.

But it was really all about Holding On for me and still is.

Thanks for the link.

Seriously, this track had me from the first time I heard Tong drop it on the Radio 1 ES in fall 2002. I had to wait like 6 months for that bee-eautiful piece of vinyl to be released. That is easily my best deep/soulful house rec evarrrr. Buzzin' Fly are putting out some wicked tracks!

I partied with Ben and Jay Hannan back in 2002 in Chicago on their Lazy Dog tour and these dudes kick ass. Super nice lads with massive talent...and a great sense of humour when we were fightin' about Arsenal vs. Chelsea. Too bad he only comes across the pond rarely and only plays like NYC, SF and LA...where the "deep" scene is larger, I guess?

Anyways, props to you DeepSix for identifying quality tunage, although, I think most of what Ben touches turns to gold!

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
What's with all the Ben Wattage today?

lol

BTW, I think Holding On may have been beat out by

Unity – I Love You (Manoo & Francois A Remix) – Buzzin’ Fly

DOPE

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rude1_247
hmmm.... wonder how those turned out

I remember Ben Watt was playing downstairs, I played upstairs at B-Sides that night, and I'll tell you we had the overflow from Fez.

Didn't get to go the other time, but friend told me it was also full.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
I remember Ben Watt was playing downstairs, I played upstairs at B-Sides that night, and I'll tell you we had the overflow from Fez.

Didn't get to go the other time, but friend told me it was also full.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

What year would that have been? Was he touring solo? I figure he can't be *that* much more expensive now....

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rude1_247
What year would that have been? Was he touring solo? I figure he can't be *that* much more expensive now....

Yeah, he was doing the solo mission, and couldn't tell you how long ago...within the last 6 years :p

I also didn't know he was playing that night - don't think they were heavy on the advertising, and were relying on word of mouth.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*