• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bellwoods Brewery Massive Second Location to Open on Dupont

Stop Bill C-10

djfear

TRIBE Member
KB2Bg4i.gif

homer-simpson-beer-shower.gif

Last edited:

Primavera

TRIBE Member
fuck yes.

Hopefully they can increase production and make 6 packs and cans.

I love love love love their beer (especially Witchshark) but paying $6.50 for a 500ml bottle ain't the best.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rage

TRIBE Member
Fantastic news - wish nothing but the absolute best for these guys, they deserve all the success they get. Beers are outstanding!

...and the hipsters!! Woohoo!

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Fantastic news - wish nothing but the absolute best for these guys, they deserve all the success they get.

word up. great company, nice fellas to boot... this place is gonna kill it.

watch this stretch of road blow up with new restos in the next 4 years

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Im all for it, its great for the area on the outskirts of the Bloorcourt Neighbourhood. Ive been covering at a bank branch there. Huge gentrification going on.

Mr. Magyar

TRIBE Member
They have a wide range, but I'd say they trend towards ales, some of which are very hoppy, other's of which are of the Imperial and Belgian variety and are less so. They've also made some quality saisons, stouts and porters. Can't say I've ever tried a lager of theirs.

Here's a current list:

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/product-category/bottleshop/
http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/beer/available-in-the-brewpub/

Most of those beers are IPAs, which tells me they use hops because they are bad at brewing. What is this "session" nonsense too?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Session beers are easier-drinking beers that are also 5% or lower in alcohol. I'm sick of getting blasted with hops too but they are not "bad at brewing." (lol)

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I know the owner of the building and this was in the works since at least last winter. I'm really glad to see it get off the ground. Great use for that space and great for the area. Preserving architecture and buildings is importat.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
great building, but what will become of the furniture store, GH Johnson? We bought a kitchen coffee table and hallway console from there.

when visiting the furniture store, i used to think it would be an awesome party venue.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
GH Johnson stocks furniture I believe in the building that's going to be taken over. Their showroom is the building next to it

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i've only known GH Johnson for the big warehouse space, which is pictured in the bellwoods article. i didn't know they had a separate showroom.