• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bell offering unlimited Bandwidth for $10/month

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Just heard about this today. If you have 3 services with Bell you can purchase unlimited bandwidth for $10/month. $30/month if you have less than the 3 services.

Not bad considering I'm currently paying $10/month for the 120gb cap.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The Bell/Rogers/Telus make the best promises to sign you up for contracts, and then change the terms of service as soon as you do. Go with Teksavvy.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
I've never had that happen to me (changes made after signing a contract), so can't comment.

Having said that, the fine print does say that they have the right to change the terms, but you also have the right to cancel if the change is something you're not happy with.

Should have disclosed - I work for Bell (nothing to do with the Consumer market though), so even if I wasn't happy with their service (which I am), it would be hard to justify switching since I wouldn't get my discount anywhere else.

Only complaint as I have said in other threads is my slow speed due to my areas infrastructure. Hopefully that will change with the introduction of Fibe to Hamilton this year.

I just started the thread as I wasn't aware of this new offering until today, and it sure beats me having to worry if I'm going to go over my cap, so figured someone else might be interested.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I found out the day after it launched last week and switched right away, was paying 15$ for 120 gigs of overage protection so it was a no-brainer to pay 5$ less for unlimited

Happy to be a nice seeder again..;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

romstah

TRIBE Member
im on the student plan with bell i currently have 350 gb monthly allowance. But will definitely get this for sure when my promo is up so i can rent out my slingboxes hehe.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I've never had that happen to me (changes made after signing a contract), so can't comment.

Having said that, the fine print does say that they have the right to change the terms, but you also have the right to cancel if the change is something you're not happy with.

Should have disclosed - I work for Bell (nothing to do with the Consumer market though), so even if I wasn't happy with their service (which I am), it would be hard to justify switching since I wouldn't get my discount anywhere else.

Only complaint as I have said in other threads is my slow speed due to my areas infrastructure. Hopefully that will change with the introduction of Fibe to Hamilton this year.

I just started the thread as I wasn't aware of this new offering until today, and it sure beats me having to worry if I'm going to go over my cap, so figured someone else might be interested.
i live in Hamilton too.
i want to get rid of all my Cogeco...$60 for landline, $70 for internet ( 30 down 2 up ) and $60 teevee ( not HD ).
Cogeco still would cost $190 for the HD 3 dvr upgrade, and the internet.
Bell would be $150 for HD 3 dvr upgrade, and 25 down 10 up ( with the $10 unlimited cap ).
is FIBE solid here in Hamilton now ?

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
just signed up for Bell Fibe teevee better package, and 50 down / 10 up / 175 gb internet. $114 for 6 months, 160 after.
way better than what Cogeco was offering to upgrade to HD teevee, and almost twice as fast internet as Cogeco.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the only fee i'm being charged is a $49 installation fee.
i'm only paying for the rental of 1 hd pvr...getting the other 2 essentially for free.
Cogeco wanted to charge me $10 for each of the 3 i wanted.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
i live in Hamilton too.
i want to get rid of all my Cogeco...$60 for landline, $70 for internet ( 30 down 2 up ) and $60 teevee ( not HD ).
Cogeco still would cost $190 for the HD 3 dvr upgrade, and the internet.
Bell would be $150 for HD 3 dvr upgrade, and 25 down 10 up ( with the $10 unlimited cap ).
is FIBE solid here in Hamilton now ?
I called earlier this week and they told me no, it's not available and didn't give me an ETA on when it would be.

Oh well, gonna have to suffer with my 4mb for a while longer I guess.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories