• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bell Fibe internet - anyone using it?

praktik

TRIBE Member
not sure it works that way (more speed when TV not in use) my feeling is each service has a portion of bandwidth dedicated to it rather than it switching dynamically depending on use.

Also if you have three services w/ bell you can get unlimited usage for 10$, was a no brainer for me as I was paying 15$ for 120 gigs extra, now I'm paying less for unlimited!

Your mileage may vary.

With fibre rollouts on the horizon hang tight, we should get much more than 25 available in the next few years

derek

TRIBE Member
not sure it works that way (more speed when TV not in use) my feeling is each service has a portion of bandwidth dedicated to it rather than it switching dynamically depending on use.

Also if you have three services w/ bell you can get unlimited usage for 10$, was a no brainer for me as I was paying 15$ for 120 gigs extra, now I'm paying less for unlimited!

Your mileage may vary.

With fibre rollouts on the horizon hang tight, we should get much more than 25 available in the next few years
it's partitioned. one does not affect the other.

i don't have fibe tv but $10 unlimited makes me think making it my third service is a good idea. currently on fibe 15/5 (paying $15 for the 120 gigs) and my smartphone is with bell as well.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya its 30 bones without so they are really incentivizing people w/ need for unlimited to get into a 3 product bundle

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
Okay, guess it'll just stick with the 15/10.

Ya, I got the unlimited package as well. I previously was phone/internet and just cancelled as I was planning on going with teksavvy, was on the old unlimited plan but was stuck on 3mps down. Before I cancelled, net cost 88$ Phone was 47, new pricing for all 3, $150.

When I called to cancel rogers cable, they actually offered some solid deals, 30% off cable 1 year, phone line $14.99, they wouldn't do unlimited usage though for net

lobo

TRIBE Member
Good on them for the initiative but the article is funny in saying that it will have the fastest speed on the planet. lol Have they never heard of the kind of speeds that South Korea gets?

Also, I hope they plan on providing some decent transfer plans of at least 400GB/month because if not then what's really the point. It's like having a car capable of 500Km/hr with a 10L tank.

Don't know if I'd ever go to them anyways since I dislike Bell but let's wait and see.

Lobo

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Also, I hope they plan on providing some decent transfer plans of at least 400GB/month because if not then what's really the point. It's like having a car capable of 500Km/hr with a 10L tank.

Lobo
This is where everyone is going to get screwed and legal battles over grandfathered unlimited transfer caps are going to flourish.

We're headed towards everything being data aligned. All it's going to take is for YouTube to win the rights to a major sporting event and the barrier to live sports being the last thing unique to cable TV will be broken.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I have 30/10 (or 25/10???) unlimited with bell and it costs 75$ all in. No contract.

Very interested to see what these new tiers will be priced

lobo

TRIBE Member
Bernie,

I have 25/10 400GB (or unlimited with a slight catch) with Teksavvy and it costs me $55/month all in.

Lobo

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Bell 50/10 with unlimited = $95 taxes in.
hooked up with the lan cable, 50 every time.
wifi, while standing right beside the modem = 25 at best, with all devices.