• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Being set up

Little1

TRIBE Member
These ladies I work with have all determined that I need a girlfriend and have taken it upon themselves to find one for me. In the past few days, I've seen pictures of not only their daughters, but their daughter's friends as well. What this is all about I have no idea. As far as I know, I don't have "Charity Case" written on my forehead. I don't need a girlfriend, and I definitely don't need to be set up.
It is rather amusing though...

Little1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
If the girls are pretty, then why not? :D
Its not a question of them being pretty, its the whole principle of the thing. I don't think I have a problem meeting girls, actually I know I don't. It just screams PITY, and I definitely don't need that.

Karim

TRIBE Member
You could look at it the other way. Maybe they have pretty anti-social daughters and show pity on THEM rather then you.

:)
Karim

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

starr

TRIBE Member
you're from whitby that explains everything
i'm just kidding, i used to be from whitby
but i moved because everyone i used to know there is now married
whitby doesn't like single people, trust me :)

honestly, i think you should just have some fun
dates can be fun...really
just go out with one of them (to make them happy)
and if you get along with her great
and if you hate the experience, then just tell your well-meaning co-workers that you gave their idea a shot, but you just weren't into it and thank them for trying

how bad could it be?

matty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
you're from whitby that explains everything
i'm just kidding, i used to be from whitby
but i moved because everyone i used to know there is now married
whitby doesn't like single people, trust me :)
Hey, I grew up in Whitby too (Anderson High Class of 94:cool: )

I agree that whitby is not the place for a single twenty something to live. I haven't lived there in 8 years but what I hear from the few friends that have stuck around doesn't sound too inspiring.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
what y'all need to do is stop mutha fuckin' bashin Whitby.

:D

its the "home of the Marigold" :p

(m.m - you went to Anderson aswell??? )

vench

TRIBE Promoter
what have you got to lose? Something good might come of it, although, something worse might come of it too.

vench <----be very, very careful young Skywalker........

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Little1

Its not a question of them being pretty, its the whole principle of the thing. I don't think I have a problem meeting girls, actually I know I don't. It just screams PITY, and I definitely don't need that.
If you want them to stop, just politely and innocently ask if they have any naked pictures of their daughters.

matty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD

yeah man, i think it was 92' dude...

:)
You must know Derek (<-techno forum) then. Anderson seems to pop out a fair number of techno lovers... well only 3 that I know of now but who's counting.

Little1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m

Hey, I grew up in Whitby too (Anderson High Class of 94:cool: )

I agree that whitby is not the place for a single twenty something to live. I haven't lived there in 8 years but what I hear from the few friends that have stuck around doesn't sound too inspiring.

It true, its true... Whitby sucks the life out of you. Great place to raise kids, but for teens and people in their twenties, its hell. There's nothing to do here unless you want to go to the same old bars and see all those people you hated from highschool. We do have an AMC though. Whoo Hoo!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
I dont see it as pitty dude..
Girls love doin that shit all the time... in hope that they'll accomplish something good perhaps?

Im not sure why, but its just like the "oh you 2 are so cute" phrase they always say.

I think they just wanna be respnosible for hookin some up and have it turn out good.

Or maybe they think u need to get laid? :p but i dont think they'd volunteer their daughters for booty.

Jonny

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
little one

you son of a bitch Stefan....

we live O so fucking close , why the fuck dont we get together , drink some beer, play some records and whine about how much Whitby sucks sometime ;)

call me bro, or email me and link a brotha up wit yo' numba..

take it eZ

doug.:cool:

mcbee

TRIBE Member
my roommate got set up on a date by someone she works with.

that was 2 1/2 years ago...they are getting married in july:D:D

you never know till ya try!! give it a shot!
:)sarah

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Girls love doin that shit all the time... in hope that they'll accomplish something good perhaps?
exactly, my girlfriend is always talking about how she hooked up this one couple that's been together for 3 years and how they're engaged and everything. she is also trying to hook up every friend i have with someone. not that any of my friends want that, she just takes it upon herself to envision the perfect match for everyone. you just have to get used to stuff like that.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Little1

TRIBE Member
Re: little one

Originally posted by tEkKiD
you son of a bitch Stefan....

we live O so fucking close , why the fuck dont we get together , drink some beer, play some records and whine about how much Whitby sucks sometime ;)

call me bro, or email me and link a brotha up wit yo' numba..

take it eZ

doug.:cool:
yo doug, your email isn't in your profile, or rather it says "this function has been disabled by the administrator"