• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

being overcharged

IgStar

TRIBE Member
ugh....so I slept like shit last night thinking I am out $200 that I cannot afford to lose. FUCK.

I went to Zellers Saturday to buy my BF this wet/dry electric shaver he wants. SO, amidst all the hussle & bussle of that, as well as taking care of getting a new rewards card as I had lost mine....I didn't think to check the receipt after she rang everything in....although in my head for a brief moment I thought.."wow I spent THAT much?" but STUPID ME didn't think about it cuz I had purchased a few items....
yes, I know...DUMB....
fast foward to yesterday after helping my friend move, I decided to tally up my xmas purchases & do some banking...THATS WHEN I LOOKED AT THE RECEIPT. I have been charged twice for this 179.99 Razor!

FACK.
so, now I am wondering how the hell am I gonna prove to them that I ONLY bought one. I remember the girl who helped me....but fuck, I am really stressed that I am not going to see this cash....

FACK FACK FACK.
has this ever happened? does anyone know what they may do? would there have a been on overflow of money on THAT til that day or something? there must be a way I can prove this.
Plus, I waited 2 days before I noticed, but I had to move all day...

ugh....I am really stressed as I couldn't even afford to buy it in the first place, but broke down...let alone get charged for TWO.

:mad: :( :( :( :mad:

fishbulb

TRIBE Member
Wouldn't an item which was double scanned have the same bar code/serial number (or whatever it is) so it would be obvious that it wasn't two seperate purchases and just a cashier's error?

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
they'll probably take you as being honest

not many people go out and buy 2 $180 shavers... even around christmas

although i'm surprised u didn't notice such a big difference in what you actually spent and what you got charged for....

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fishbulb
Wouldn't an item which was double scanned have the same bar code/serial number (or whatever it is) so it would be obvious that it wasn't two seperate purchases and just a cashier's error?
that's what i was thinking too.

hope it works out girl!

Jennika

TRIBE Member
trust me, they'll credit you. Go to customer service, they'll adjust it no problems. The Bay and Zellers are very forgiving in these cases.

no need to worry at all Jen :)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Skipper

TRIBE Member
You should be ok - just go back to the store ASAP. Be really nice and sincere, unless they start telling you that they can't refund your money.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
thanks guys...I just talked to a manager...gonna head over with my receipt shortly....

I think (hope) that whole bar code thing is right....

keep your fingers crossed. I am sure it will be OK....I'm just a stresscase.....and a little on edge today.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
yup, so now I wait.
they have to go in & check the til against inventory..etc..etc..

says she will get back to me later or tomorrow.

like, who the fuck has $350 for 2 razors?

don't answer that

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
$179.99 for a razor?
what the fuck is it made out of? platinum?

wait.... $179.99 for a Razor AT WALMART?
Isn't that like... counter-something?

IgStar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
$179.99 for a razor?
what the fuck is it made out of? platinum?

wait.... $179.99 for a Razor AT WALMART?
Isn't that like... counter-something?
Phillishave Quadra Wet/Dry Electric Razor.

and I agree, it's totally ridiruous...as why I cannot afford to be charged for TWO of these fucking things!

dmt

TRIBE Member
electic razors blow. straight razors are where it's at.

and don't worry; once they check their inventory you'll get your doe.