• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Being Erica

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I watched the first episode and kinda liked it. I also watched the second but didn't really pay attention. I'm willing to give it a chance though, I did like Quantum leap after all.

62 majority

The second episode sorta exposes where many of us may have gone wrong in life. She was a Snug clad mid-late 90's raver.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
im currently watching episode 2. I will report back my opinion. she lives on palmerston lol. I dont like that its filmed in toronto tho, its making me homesick.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
hahaha. same here DG. The streetcars in the background make me tear up a little.

The show's cute. We'll see how it progresses. She seems to be learning her 'lessons' pretty quickly, if they want to keep it interesting.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
well its not bad, considering its canadian, cuz we all know everything canadian sucks, with the exception of good ole degrassi.
you teased me tho, I thought they were gonna go raving :(
its quite real tho, like writing/line/dialogue wise.

62 majority

ummm thanks?

I was referring to how the show reveals she was a raver, and that in the second episode she is seen wearing a Snug T shirt, Randy River style generic phattish pants, and has pinned up long messy multicoloured hair, which is the preferred style of many in the Len "Steal my Sunshine" video, including the female singer.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I like how all the minor characters from her past are people from degrassi, not that I watch degrassi or anything.
yeh i cant watch this, its too toronto-y, it makes me too sad.

SJN

TRIBE Member
I watched the first episode and actually didn't mind it - haven't gotten to the 2nd yet. It's a lot better than most CBC shows.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i like it.
the actress who plays Erica is quite likeable, and a decent actress.

i also love how the show is so unabashedly Canadian.

DataLadybug

TRIBE Member
Agreed... I'm really enjoying the show. Hopefully it stays on. I loooove Michael Riley as well.

And yah... half the cast of Degrassi is in it.

(Took me a few searches to realize that the blond geeky guy (Alex) in yesterday's show is the guy from the Roger's phone ads.)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
This is too much like a shitty Canadian remake of Eli Stone, in much the same way that that Wild Roses show seems like a poor man's Dallas.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
I watched the first episode and actually didn't mind it - haven't gotten to the 2nd yet. It's a lot better than most CBC shows.
has anyone been watching the new cbc show Wild Roses? its amazing without even qualifying the statement that its canadian! its on tonite at 9pm...3rd episode...its freakin good.

edit: BOOOOOOO Flashy!!!! (missed your post before i posted..haha)

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Yeah I'm really enjoying it in that "I'm not expecting much from it" way.

The scene when she's shaving her crotch in the pilot episode and the kid thinks she's using a vibrator was pretty damn funny.

The writing is pretty good and they have a great attention to detail with their sets and costumes. Like the period rave gear in one episode. Or the smoking in bars in this weeks' episode.

It's been picked up by the BBC and will start showing in the UK.

Last edited: