1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

being at work right now sucks my ass

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MalGlo, Sep 1, 2003.

1. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

yep... was sposed to start at 3am tonight.,.. but i could not get a wink of sleep so i came in for 1...

this fucking sucks.. i can't believe i'm on these assimus shifts anymore

i'm gonna spend half of my shift sending out resumes....

anyone else h ave to work today? suuuucks2b-us!

pissfully yours,

dave

2. Chubbs

Chubbs TRIBE Member

Jesus christ dave,

why do you have to work so late at night?

I thought you were some kind of computer techie...
    who needs help at this hour?

3. Didn't you just land this job at IBM, Dave?

4. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

ya.. this account that I got 'temporarily' loaned to because i'm a 'top gun'... (big fuckin woopie) supports a global bank..so at 3am its like 9am or some shit in the UK... huuuuugee call volume from there.. we'll have 35 people manning the desk here for the 3am peak...

lucky me gets to be one of them...

5. GreenGiant

GreenGiant TRIBE Member

Ahh the privileges of being the best at your job!

[​IMG]

6. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

because i'm the best is why i'm going to quit..

i was pissed a few months ago cause i was still a contractor.. but they made me a reg/full employee (w/benefits etc..).. took a bit of pay away but said things would get better

gave em a few months..things are worse.. i'm outtie.. IBM, FYI, SUCKS TO WORK FOR.

7. GreenGiant

GreenGiant TRIBE Member

IMO any company sucks to work for...
    If you want things your way, you must own your own business. no questions asked

[​IMG]

8. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

did that for 7 years.. .. sales of half a million a year for a couple years.. employees.. whatever.... got sued a buncha times because other people are dumbasses... closed it down so I could sleep at night without worrying about peoples salaries and payin bills and who's gonna sue me next..

i was 22 and gettin grayhair..

9. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

p.s. this is officially my bitch and moan thread... anyone else feel free to toss in and do the same about your job (for when people actually wake up)

but yes.. this is where i shall bitch through the night

10. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

11. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

on my way over there now :)

just got a ps2....... so need games

hmm the spyhunter one i'd love....

12. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Hey McMalGlo... that sucks that you're working.

I don't have anything to bitch and moan about right now, but you best believe I will on Tuesday.

13. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

hey gurlie ... just get home from bein out an aboooooout?

14. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Yeah, I just drove back from Montreal and I'm WIRED. No sleep 'till Brooklyn yo. J'aime la belle province.

Such a fantastic trip. I went to this outdoor spa a few hours north of Montreal, visited an organic farm and ate wicked healthy food and petted donkeys and went on a hike, then went to Aria for Sasha and undid all the healthy progress I had made in about... oh, 30 minutes. Went to Mount Royal after and slept in the sunshine. I was contemplating partying as soon as I got back to Toronto but came to my senses and decided to stay in.

So here I am.

15. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

whats this 'healthy' food you speak of? new addition to the mcdeal menu????? :)

i'm at work without having slept yet today.. and unfortunately not wired... just told them they can eat a phat one cause i'm leavin in a couple hrs..none of this till 11:30 shit..

I think i'm jumpin out to montreal sept 20th???

may go mountain biking again in bromont whilst out there....

16. K_la

K_la TRIBE Member

I gotta work today, and Im very happy about it, cant say no to double time :)

17. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Just rolled in for an 8:30 start. I'm a little torn today, for a couple of reasons. 1) I normally would work Mondays anyway, but usually in the evening (3:00 - 11:30p). So at least I get to work during the day today 2) I'm making 'time-and-a-half', plus I'll get paid for the holiday at regular time. Of course, that's still only just what I would consider 'reasonable pay' for this dull-ass job.

Anyway, I didn't sleep very well last night -- fucking allergies -- so I'm sure to be ultra-useful here today on the fones. Happy Labour Day! :-|

18. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

yeah...in a way it's brutal that I'm @ work right now, on only maybe 4 hours of good sleep, but it's the nature of my job...

T.O.B'

19. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

I've heard that from so many people.

20. kennyboy

kennyboy TRIBE Member

Glad I went in yesterday and worked from home last night. 1 full day of relaxing for me.

21. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

no doubt :)

22. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

Green Giant, you rule. That little sig rocks my world. Marry me?

23. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

JUST when i thought it couldn't get worse..

come in this mornin and see the schedule.. i'm on 4am start-times for 2 weeks.. possibly longer

fuck them.

i'm coming in when i want... gonna stick with my 8am shift.. they can eat a dick.

*jumps over to workopolis*