• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Beer

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Me neither, homie. It tasted like just another over-hopped bitter IPA. Not worth the premium price at all.
The last few 650ml bottles I've grabbed have left me underwhelmed. I get sold on fancy or artsy labels most of the time but the beer is meh. Not to mention those big bottles are a pain to take back for refunds due to their awkward sizing.

Grabbed a 650ml bottle of GLB's Thrust IPA from the LCBO yesterday with mediocre results. Not bad, but after the hype I heard about it last year I really expected something better.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
I've been looking into session beers more recently. Maybe a sign of me getting older. What are the lowest ABV beers (non stout), available at LCBO?

There is a few mentioned here, but most are on tap only non lcbo stuff.
The top 10 low-alcohol (session) beers made in Toronto

I must say Muskoka Detour IPA and GLB Pompous Ass are top notch. I just wish I could find a non piss beer around 3% lol.
Have you tried Stonewall Light? It's 4% and pretty decent.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Grapefruit League - Mill Street
i would be buying this non stop as my go to but because of the damn wax seal they put over the swing top cap, i'm usually just "yeah i wanna... but damn if i'm fuckin round with them things all night"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

diablo

TRIBE Member
Time to break out some lucky Buddha lager for the long weekend.
Is that the one in the Buddha bottle? I'm wary of trying it due to:
a) food product from China
b) the unwritten law of an alcoholic beverage's quality being inversely proprtional to the ornate-ness of its bottle

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Yeah to me it's pretty meh.

Been digging Creemore / Mad & Noisy's Hop Weizen lately.

Oh and Sidelaunch is out with a Lager, it's pretty decent.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

djfear

TRIBE Member
i would be buying this non stop as my go to but because of the damn wax seal they put over the swing top cap, i'm usually just "yeah i wanna... but damn if i'm fuckin round with them things all night"
I go to the retail store in distillery so often that I figured I would give them some constructive criticism, so I put in a formal complaint about that seal. There was one specific batch that was just almost impossible to get off, and I was afraid I would cut myself with the knife I was using.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Sometimes, you can go cheap and get a nice lawnmower beer (see Alpine above).

Other times, you get this junk:

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
When did PC Pilsner go all hipster with the removing of vowels/adding of the Z?
I remember drinking that stuff a couple times many years ago (it was one of my buddies afternoon drinking beers of choice, because it was cheap enough to drink all day even when other peeps showed up empty handed). I admittedly don't remember hating it, but also don't remember it not looking like a buck a beer label.

Also, not sure what to say about the coconut water beer. Not the worst idea I've heard.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

diablo

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -];4699158 said:
When did PC Pilsner go all hipster with the removing of vowels/adding of the Z?
I remember drinking that stuff a couple times many years ago (it was one of my buddies afternoon drinking beers of choice, because it was cheap enough to drink all day even when other peeps showed up empty handed). I admittedly don't remember hating it, but also don't remember it not looking like a buck a beer label.
It's wasn't the worst, but it was not good. Let's say "barely passable." Even sticking with PC beers, the amber or the dark lager are both substantially better.

[QUOTE='[- FuNKtiOn -]
Also, not sure what to say about the coconut water beer. Not the worst idea I've heard.[/QUOTE]

I would try one if someone had it at their house, but I wasn't going to buy six.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Weekend cottage selection = international macros!

I'll also be hitting up Sawdust City brewery in Gravenhurst and possibly The Griffin pub (which serves Ontario beers exclusively) in Bracebridge.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders