• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Beefs w/ your neighbour

depraved

TRIBE Member
Thought I'd open a thread on beefs you've had w/ your next door neighbour or somebody in your hood, and the outcome &/or blowback.

To get the ball rolling, here's an email I sent my next door neighbour this morning (he responded in good humour & we're cool):

I think it's great you have an apparently vigorous sex life. Did you know that when your windows are open, the sounds of your (& (especially) your lady friend’s) vigorous & vocal lovemaking carry throughout the Private? At times, such as last night around 10:40pm, the very vocal nature of your lovemaking made it difficult to fall asleep, such was the building & lasting crescendo. Well done, old chap, well done. And this morning, over the course of what was apparently a very thorough & lasting shagging, it seemed as though the headboard of your bed was competing with you both for volume & tempo. Again, well played, sir. Bravo.

These are but two of the most recent occasions, but previous lovemaking sessions were certainly in the running from the standpoint of both duration & decibel levels. We’d close our windows and enjoy the comparatively blissful quiet of not having to listen to your very vocal & vigorous lovemaking, but unfortunately for us, the fan in our furnace needs to be repaired & since a service call on isn’t slated until July 18, shutting the windows & running the a/c isn’t an option during this period of seasonally warm temperatures. Perhaps closing your windows in anticipation of vigorous & vocal lovemaking is an option you may wish to consider for yourselves.

Best regards,
Greg

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i just put a pretty decent fire out on my week long new neighbors backyard deck. his brother was over and flicked his butt.
one foot more and it would have hit our shared fence.
this could be the beginning of a beef.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
All I got is a set of neighbours above our unit who recently put in hardwood floors so their bass pumping is now noticed. Nothing that condo security can't take care of with one phone call (I really hate being that guy though).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Living in a condo was nice but we had some really fucking irritating neighbors - one of them would have a small Pomeranian that would not stop barking, kids that would act like complete assholes (screaming matches with their parents in the hallway, slamming each other into people's door when having a fight), and I would often get a look from some of the more elderly residents that would be along the lines of "what the fuck is this Aryan/Nazi looking asshole doing living here?".

Plus anal retentive assholes that would creep the shit out of my wife whenever she used the pool or hot tub.

Now, living in a detached home. Life is sweet, neighbors are very nice and I enjoy having a chat with them when I'm taking our dog out for a walk.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Now, living in a detached home. Life is sweet, neighbors are very nice and I enjoy having a chat with them when I'm taking our dog out for a walk.

Ughhh I would love to live in a real house. We just started looking at listings and we only found ONE single listing that fit our budget and needs and its out in Port Union. I think we're going to hope and pray for a housing crash.

Good luck with that, Pickering is actually not that bad a place to live, my parents are out there.

We're up in Woodbrige and we got in before the HST got phased in. We were totally in the right place at the right time when we bought the place.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Good luck with that, Pickering is actually not that bad a place to live, my parents are out there.

We're up in Woodbrige and we got in before the HST got phased in. We were totally in the right place at the right time when we bought the place.

Pickering will slowly decline with the new airport. Theres your opportunity!

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
a couple months ago, our previous next door neighbours were having some kind of small but crazy party. it woke me up around 4 / 5am but all i though was, "sounds like fun".

forever-alone.gif

buttt....i actually hated my roommates in university. we always pulled shit on each other. like pretty bad pranks that were probably illegal now that i think of it, and i almost got into a genuine fist fight one time. i really shouldn't say much though.....

praktik

TRIBE Member
Im thinking about putting a sign up in the hallway with the numbers you can change manually by flipping down, like this:

It has been XX days since the last kitchen fire.

Comes in bunches but firemen can come a couple times in a month, a couple times in a weekend even. One time, I saw the smoke, heard the alarm - door was wide open.

Took a peak inside his apartment, stove filled with three pots and pans, burning.

Guy had basically started his shit on the stove and then took a walk.

defazman

TRIBE Member
As told before, the last building I was at was originally meant to be a retirement building, but then was opened up to all tenants. The result was 90% retired Italians who had never lived in shared accommodations. Most neighbours were cool, but the worst in the building lived next to us, and lodged complaints against us for our blinds being crooked, not paying enough attention to our cats, smoking on our balcony, etc. It got to the point there were so many complaints, every week a list of new rules was posted for everyone to follow. That building went through 4 supers the first year.

Anyhoo, now I've been in my building for 3 years, with only two other appartments, and I don't even know my neighbours names. It's great.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
buttt....i actually hated my roommates in university. we always pulled shit on each other. like pretty bad pranks that were probably illegal now that i think of it, and i almost got into a genuine fist fight one time. i really shouldn't say much though.....

sheeeit did i say roommates? I loved my roommates - all of em, every year. I meant the assholes that had the other half of the house. they can literally die in a fire for all i care.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Im thinking about putting a sign up in the hallway with the numbers you can change manually by flipping down, like this:

It has been XX days since the last kitchen fire.

Comes in bunches but firemen can come a couple times in a month, a couple times in a weekend even. One time, I saw the smoke, heard the alarm - door was wide open.

Took a peak inside his apartment, stove filled with three pots and pans, burning.

Guy had basically started his shit on the stove and then took a walk.

this area of toronto really keeps the fire services in business.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
While residing in our last apartment, we came back from a relaxing late-evening stroll to find the stairwell and our unit filled with a noxious haze. Turns out our neighbour and her friend decided it would be a good idea to do a major spray paint job on some object in her kitchen at 11:30 at night, right across from the entrance to our place. I rarely raise my voice, but that night they were on the bad end of a profanity-laden earful. It took hours to vent the place.

The neighbour in the back of the same building was an intolerable alcoholic who yelled more than he talked and who couldn't seem to close a door without slamming it. Two days before we moved, I could hear him revving up for the long weekend with his friends. At one point, I heard him bellowing, indicating that one of his buddies had intentionally locked him out of his apartment. This was seemingly resolved when I heard a loud BANG, accompanied by a cruching, splintering sound, followed by his astute observation, "well, I guess I needed a new door anyway..."

We're now in a much, much better place and the neighbours we've met so far all seem to be awesomely friendly, considerate and respectful.

So very, very grateful for this.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
my problem with my "neighbours" is the fact that my fucking parking garage is linked to the garages for 3 co-op buildings down the street from me, and when the miscreants who live there decide to get their kicks by pulling the fire alarm at 2am constantly it sets the fire alarm off in my building as well.

my useless-as-tits-on-a-motherfucking-bull condo company lacks the intelligence and balls to do anything about it, so while these douchebags get their rocks off on pulling the fire alarm and the management slowly builds a case against them to evict them (which can take months even from the point where they are served with their eviction notice from what i understand) me and the hundreds of people who live in my building get woken up, sometimes a few times per week, occasionally even a few times per night

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
While residing in our last apartment, we came back from a relaxing late-evening stroll to find the stairwell and our unit filled with a noxious haze. Turns out our neighbour and her friend decided it would be a good idea to do a major spray paint job on some object in her kitchen at 11:30 at night, right across from the entrance to our place. I rarely raise my voice, but that night they were on the bad end of a profanity-laden earful. It took hours to vent the place.

The neighbour in the back of the same building was an intolerable alcoholic who yelled more than he talked and who couldn't seem to close a door without slamming it. Two days before we moved, I could hear him revving up for the long weekend with his friends. At one point, I heard him bellowing, indicating that one of his buddies had intentionally locked him out of his apartment. This was seemingly resolved when I heard a loud BANG, accompanied by a cruching, splintering sound, followed by his astute observation, "well, I guess I needed a new door anyway..."

We're now in a much, much better place and the neighbours we've met so far all seem to be awesomely friendly, considerate and respectful.

So very, very grateful for this.

sounds like you were living in east york?