• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Beef Patties

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Hey y'all,

What are your suggestions for buying beef patties in bulk quantities (like 10 or more). I've tried those ghetto patty king ones at No Frills...but they just don't do it for me. Where is a good place to get decent yet inexpensive beef patties?

Werd.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
caribbean queen on bloor at dufferin makes amazing patties.

i buy a bunch of cold ones and take em home. amazing patties i tell you. like butter.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Rajio said:
if its just 10 or 20 why not make them (for better quality too)
My family is as Caribbean as can be, but I've never heard of anyone making patties from scratch.

Same with samosas. If they're 4/$1 in a store they can't be that much cheaper to make.
 

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm telling y'all, there is no quantifiable difference between one patty and the next. If you get a bad one, it's probably just been sitting out for a few days.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Warden subway station has the best patties.

there was a week, about a month ago, where I ate entirely too many subway station beef patties.

no time = beef patties + bottle of coke zero
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
just got home from jamaica where the patties are fresh and awesome.

the best patties i've had are from ALLEN'S in scarborough (close to brimley and finch). actually i think they changed their name a few years back but i still call it allen's and i go whenever i visit my mum on sundays.

they make their own patties which are a bazillion times better than those crap patty king things.
 

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
I also learned, from reading the paper bag that the patties come in, that subway station patties don't actually have meat in them (thank god).

No where on the bag, under the list of ingredients, does it say "meat." It does, however, say "bread crumbs."

I think that the filling is a delicious seasoned bread crumb paste.
 

thom100

TRIBE Member
mingster said:
caribbean queen on bloor at dufferin makes amazing patties.

i buy a bunch of cold ones and take em home. amazing patties i tell you. like butter.
^
These are by far the best patty's you will ever taste in your entire life. Alberts on Queen isn't far behind.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Flashy_McFlash said:
My family is as Caribbean as can be, but I've never heard of anyone making patties from scratch.

Same with samosas. If they're 4/$1 in a store they can't be that much cheaper to make.
they are better and cheaper. trust! so worth it.
 

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
just got home from jamaica where the patties are fresh and awesome.

the best patties i've had are from ALLEN'S in scarborough (close to brimley and finch). actually i think they changed their name a few years back but i still call it allen's and i go whenever i visit my mum on sundays.

they make their own patties which are a bazillion times better than those crap patty king things.
Thread ends here.

Fahmee Bakery, Brimley and Finch. One block north, plaza is on the southwest corner of Brimley and Montezuma.

THEE best beef patties, period.
 

dtox

TRIBE Member
island foods at king and duff is by far the most amazing patty I have ever tasted, utterly unique. I take them home and freeze them, they reheat very well.
 

craig anderson

TRIBE Member
dtox said:
island foods at king and duff is by far the most amazing patty I have ever tasted, utterly unique. I take them home and freeze them, they reheat very well.
agreed...and they ain't Patty King!!!
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
stir-fry said:
Thread ends here.

Fahmee Bakery, Brimley and Finch. One block north, plaza is on the southwest corner of Brimley and Montezuma.

THEE best beef patties, period.

if I could only remember the damn name of the place at 27 & finch!!!

this thread would not end at your period MR!
 

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
dig this said:
do you know the name? accross the street or inside the station?
inside the station I believe.

I also believe that both the patties at warden station and the ones at bathurst both come from the scarborough bakery that i mentioned
 

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Can you buy bulk at these places? I think Island foods it is. Due to driving issues...Scarberia is too far for me. Maybe some Scarborough homies can pick some up and drop em downtown for me when he comes downtown

*glances at stirry* ;)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top