• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bedrock Party WMC

BarneyIllfingas

TRIBE Member
Hundreds of people waiting in a Club 54 circle begging to get in, supposedly having their hands tied by the Fire Marshall. As time went on people were finally being let in at $50 a shot. The guest list line was totally scrapped with DJ after DJ after Bedrock DJ being turned down at the door.

Luke finally arrived and thankfully the staff was pretty cool. They let us all in (except a very important duo, we're sooooo sorry) the backdoor, and the party was on.

Diggers had just picked up the decks from a rumoured incredible set from Chris Fortier. He immediately jumped into the head f#ck tech-prog and tottally had the Nerve crowd jacked. Unfortunately there was a ton of movement in the intimate venue not allowing me to really get lost in the diggers magic. The Rowan Blades / Chris Lake track is so sick and hearing one of Luke's new selections near the end of the set really choked us all us.

Luke stepped up to the plate and launched mega bomb after mega bomb. He through the party a serious curve ball. Luke's Disco Funk, House groove drove the crowd insane. Highlight's included the powerful "Supernatural," into "Rock Da House" and my personal fav "Body and Soul." Lot's of people now know who Luke Fair is. Over.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

gubydal

TRIBE Member
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the long distance update Gregor! Lots of love to the whole crew... make sure you guys do a bit of dancin' for me!

Congrats to Luke, looks like he's at the beginning of an amazing journey and he sure deserves it!! Exciting times!! :D

See you all when you come home... safe journeys!
Shawna

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
just read this now, thanks for the review..it looks like it was a great time. diggers must have been on!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Just curious. Do all the dj's get their regular rate for WMC or is it more of a promotional gig where they play for free or reduced fee.

kenny

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by kennyboy
Just curious. Do all the dj's get their regular rate for WMC or is it more of a promotional gig where they play for free or reduced fee.

kenny

I know from reading other boards that some of them do play for free at certain gigs... as to wheter or not they get paid otherwise, I really don't know ... but I do know that certain dj's do play for free at certain gigs. It is a big party afterall and they might feel like continue to play after they have played at club.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Although I can't see someone like Digweed, Sasha, or any other big name taking time out to play for free, I'm sure what they get in return would more than make up for a reduced fee. Hell, I'd play for free. Although I'm sure you couldn't give tickets away to come and see me make a fool of myself.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
nice one...i hope everyone's luck at getting into the ultra party was a little better...and just so you're jealous, it's a balmy plus one here in toronto, with overcast skies...

enjoy the rest of your week & i'm looking forward to reading more reviews...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the review, looking forward to Luke and Digger's gig in Toronto next weekend! It's not Miami but I am sure they'll both deliver.

Special K

TRIBE Member
I’m so sad that I can’t be outside right now but I got the worst sunburn EVER yesterday (which is weird because I NEVER burn but WHATEVER). Hopefully I’ll be able to handle going out in the sun by tomorrow. This is soooooooooo annoying not to mention the fact that its pretty painful.

:mad:

:(

Sooooooooo yea since I’m kind of confined to staying inside for now I thought I’d take the time to share some of my reviews on two of the nights I’ve attended thus far @ WMC. First on the agenda, the Hope Records party @ Crobar on Friday with Timo, Locodice, Way Out West (Live PA), Circo Loco ressies + Nick Warren.

I paid $40 @ the door to get in on Friday and by 1:00/1:30 Crobar was RAMMED. I loved the setup @ Crobar and the sound in there was AWESOME (i’m almost 100% positive it’s a Phazon). Locodice warmed things up in the main room this night and I have to say that he played an amazing set. He spun the sickest, most twisted music you could imagine. Lots of thumping tech-house, some cool electro influences, a few pumping drummier tribal tunes and he threw down quite a few broken beats as well. I really liked his tastes in beats that night. Lots of PHAT DOPE SHIT!

;)

Jody and Nick from Way Out West followed up Locodice’s set with a LIVE PA that lasted for just over an hour or so. They were doing their thing with two Apple laptops and they were also accompanied by a live singer. Now I thought they played some cool tunes like for example THE GIFT (my first time hearing this played out at a party, I was so happy to hear one of my all time favorite trance tunes played out and to hear it on a Phazon no less, OMG that was a pretty cool moment :D ), Killa (this track is pure craziness) and Apollo to name but a few but on the whole I wasn’t really feeling their set. There were just a little too many breakdowns in there for my own personal tastes. They’d build up this really cool vibe and then the next thing u know there was another 2-3 minute wispy fluffy pussy trance breakdown thrown in there to ruin things (for me at least). All of that being said the people in that room were GOING OFF to their beats, so I’m guessing if your into WOW productions you would’ve loved their set?!?!

Timo took to the decks after Way Out West were done their Live PA and I thought he played a really good set. I've always thought that Timo has been kind of hit or miss when it came to the quality of his livesets, but if your ever lucky enough to hear him when he is ON he will blow you away. When he is on he can blow shit up with the best of them. Lucky for me and all the other clubbers @ Crobar on Friday he was sooooooo ON. He had myself and the entire club going completely APESHIT to his beats. In typical Timo fashion his set covered a wide array of musical stylings. Were talking plenty of acid house sounding influences, nu-skool breaks (some of the breaks he spun were out of this world :eek: INSANE), a few funkier house tracks, some tribal house, progressive, tech-funk; in other words all the good shit ;). However, there was still one major similarity in the varied beats he spun, and that was the twisted bottom-ended funk found in just about every tune Timo spun that night. Timo’s set was just so fucking dope and he was really enjoying himself up there in the DJ booth which is always fun to see as well. Someone needs to bring him and his partner Locodice to Toronto SOON. It's been what almost 2 years since he's last spun Toronto? I'd love to see him and Locodice throw down @ a place like System or Boa.

Upstairs in the VIP area they had Nick Warren and the Circo Loco residents (Clive Henry and I forget who else) playing. I spent most of my night in the main room listening to Timo+Locodice+WOW but I was able to catch a bit of Clive Henry’s set and he was playing some quality thumping chunky house tunes. Good stuff.

8.5/10

So yea ummmmmm Timo FOUKING RAWKS!!! So funky. So dirty. Mmmmmmm loved it. I can't help but love those crazy German mofo's. They seriously know how to throw a good party.

Special K

TRIBE Member
S+D @ Mansion

WOW

I thought last night was going to be good but not that good.

Aesthetically speaking Mansion is a pretty cool looking club but the sound in there kind of sucked or at least in comparison to some of the better club systems I’ve had the pleasure of hearing beats through. The highs were totally destroying my ears and thus I kept having to plug my ears from some brutal sound(which reminded me of partying @ Kool Haus). Ugggggggh!

I was able to catch the end of Luke Fair’s set, and I have to say that he was dropping some cool tunes. He played some really nice groovey laidback dope as fuck house tunes. JZ then stepped up to the decks @ around 11:30. This was my third time seeing JZ live and it sounds like he’s getting better and better each time I see him. This guy has the sickest mixing skills ev-AH. The things he does with those CD-J’s are just mindblowing. I really don't think anyone can even come close to his skills right now. I LOVE his track selection too, a filthy fusion of dirty breaks/thumping house music. Some of the stuff he plays sounds pretty dark (just the way I like it) but there are still some really cool funky undertones in most of the tracks he throws down. Which is what makes it sound so cool for me. JZ’s music === funky dark breaky twisted house shit ===== the best shit ;)

Up next was Diggers and he came on just b4 1AM and in typical Digger’s fashion he tore that room a new asshole. WOW. He never ceases to amaze me. He is ALWAYS ON. Some of the tunes he dropped just completely floored me. He dropped alot of signature Diggers-esque tunes that i've come to know and love him for. You know those driving pounding rolling beats that are usually accompanied by the most messed up build-ups right? The ones Diggers love to hammer out to mess us the fCuk up? Well yea he spun a alot of those, and he messed us up right and proper. Especially that girly vocal tune he spun before Sasha first track of the night, that tune was sooooooooo sick. Track of the night for me for sure.

I thought Sasha played a pretty good set last night as well. The set he threw down last night was my favorite set that I’ve heard from him to date. Im not into the stuff he spins as much as I used to be but he threw down some really good stuff last night. There was this one crazy breaks tune that especially got me going. It sounded so messed up.

The night gets a 10/10 from me...

Needless to say im VERY happy I decided to go this over the Yoshi party. Now what to do to tonight...

tenaglia @ NV or Sander K + (surprise superstar dj who I have a good feeling will be Lawler or Morillo) on the terrace @ space tonight…hmmmm, what to do, what to do…

I especially can’t wait for Lawler tomorrow. I have a feeling that’s going to be a very special night with the king of funky ass shakin pimped up to fuck house music.

Lawler who plays the sickest house music on the planet + tiny intimate space + crazy messed up ‘Lights Out’ décor/performers/visuals ========== ?

ps. sorry for the longwinded reviews...sometimes I just can't help myself...

:eek:

:D