1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Beardyman!

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by JCrack, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

One of the sickest things I have seen, period. I prefer his version of New Order to the original. More to come..

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I'm still runined stiil here at work but I gotta agree I was blown away!

3. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

You made it to work, I'm impressed. I woke up at seven am and thought that ten minutes more wouldnt hurt... four hours later and I'm making a call I would rather not have made. I still have parts of that set stuck in my head.

4. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

So much fun, wtf thursday crew out in full force!

5. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Absolutely brilliant! I loved it.
    Had a spot right up front of the stage. :)

6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

awesome event. big up Make It Funky for another wikkid jam.
    in short:
    -Beardyman proved he is the most entertaining man to hold a mic that I've ever seen.
    -good opening sets by Thunder and Chu who provided a good variety of sounds with dope tunes.
    -quality turn out, lots of good peoples in effect, very impressive for a Thursday especially.

Thunder: what was the name of the dubstep tune with the vocals that you dropped coming out of the jungle? sickness.

7. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

i have never seen anything like this before. i had high expectations for this show and not only did he live up to them, but he was everything more.

i could see him having a cult following in the future, so it was nice to see him before all the "kids" catch on ;)

one of the big things i took from the show was the idea that performance is everything. recorded music is important, but it doesn't connect with people on any level similar to what i saw that night.

i found beardyman through his youtube presence, so it would be unfair for me to complain about the amount of blackberry recording going on, but i just wish there wasn't only three clips on youtube after that LCD onslaught. and did the camera man have to be on stage the whole show? I would love to see what they edit from this!

[YOUTUBE]5Q72zhSIl_0[/YOUTUBE]

trying to find the clip of him on breakfast television the next morning.

8. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

i found it!!!

great you can actually see his current gear setup in this video - that's four kaoss pads, one kaossilator and one boss rc-50 looping pedal.

funny how he says to the kids that he hasn't slept from the gig the night before lol.

this also reminds me that when he finished his show the night before i'm pretty sure he said "thank you montreal!"

9. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

damn i wish i remembered this was THIS thursday, i was at my moms putting up drywall like a sucker :(

10. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

Rusko f. Amber Coffman, “Hold On" (Sub Focus RMX)

11. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

yeah thats the one. DIRT!

12. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Was that your vid? Because whomever took it was standing right next to me. I remember them: very fun group. We were the 'Originals' :p

Taken by my friend. The sound on mine was atrocious.

13. Amhenz44

Amhenz44 TRIBE Member

That night was awesome...Not only was Beardyman good, so were the support DJ's.

But when Beardyman was on and flowing, my brain melted and slide down my spine to join my shaking ass. The sounds were incredible and unreal.

And yes, he did say "Thank you Montreal" LOL by that point, I really didn't care.

Excellent night all around.

14. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

no wasn't me. that other vid is amazing too.

15. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

I just saw him at Shambhala and I'm glad I listened to the hype... he's really entertaining!