• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bday prezzy ideas

sk8

TRIBE Member
looking for a birthday present idea for my brother-in-law's girlfriend. approximate age = 25ish

i gave her some awesome aromatherapy relaxation bath salts for christmas, so we need something different.

wine and flowers just seems a little too generic. i think we'll do flowers and a card, but want a little something else to go along with it.

she's very nice and we get along well, but we haven't got a whole lot in common, so that's why i'm stuck. she's in law school right now....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
wine? too generic?

Hm, you say you want to avoid wine because it's too generic?

I dunno... I adore red wine, and I never, ever tire of receiving another bottle.

Why not peruse the vintages section & pick out something she may not spend the money on for herself?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Nice smelly candles / candle holders always go over well and are an easy gift.

Also nice photo albums. It seems scrap booking is this new hobby a lot of people seem to be getting into

mingster

TRIBE Member
Re: wine? too generic?

Originally posted by Jessica P

I dunno... I adore red wine, and I never, ever tire of receiving another bottle.

Why not peruse the vintages section & pick out something she may not spend the money on for herself?

i think wine can sometimes be an easy gift, it doesn't really require much thought.

that being said, i would never be dissapointed in this gift. :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
Re: wine? too generic?

Originally posted by Jessica P

i didn't explain that well enough. my bro-in-law, her boyfriend, is a banquet manager at an extremely fancy hotel. he's a bit of a wine collector and often gets horrendously expensive bottles through work and connections.

so nothing we could get would really be exciting.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
get her a funky necklace, bracelet or ring from a cool store.

i think nice smelling soaps should be reserved for stuff like secret santa where you don't know the recipient from a hole in a wall.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Poot

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: wine? too generic?

Originally posted by sk8
i didn't explain that well enough. my bro-in-law, her boyfriend, is a banquet manager at an extremely fancy hotel. he's a bit of a wine collector and often gets horrendously expensive bottles through work and connections.

so nothing we could get would really be exciting.
Oookay. Gotcha. Yeah, ok - fair.

If you are thinking along the lines of spa stuff... I got my mom a certificate for the spa @ the King Eddie hotel - very posh & cozy atmosphere, and I found the prices to be quite reasonable, actually. And you can customize the certificate - i.e. pick out the treatments yourself (you can mix & match) OR you could get it at a flat dollar value, and she can pick for herself.

Anyhow, just a thought - the hotel is located right near the King subway station, so it's very central & very accessible.

Hm, maybe I'll send myself there this weekend, actually... :)

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I know she got to be in need of a one hour massage.

you just can't fail with that sort of treatment

Stillwater would be dope... but there are other places to take them that are cheaper.

sk8

TRIBE Member
i've got the same problem with the whole spa thing as the wine thing.

fancy spa in fancy hotel where boyfriend works.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
i've got the same problem with the whole spa thing as the wine thing.

fancy spa in fancy hotel where boyfriend works.
Oh geesh. I'm two for two! :(

How's about a nice snuggly sweater? Everyone can always use another nice snuggly sweater?? This is probably the easiest piece of clothing to guess fit & size for another person.

Mon dieu, perhaps I give up now...

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
If she's a law student you could get her that Alan Young book about the law profession. It's called 'Justice Defiled - Perverts, Potheads, Serial Killers and Lawyers'.

Books in general make such good presents. They're my favourite thing to get (after kitchen stuff maybe, or maybe it's a tie).

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
If she's a law student you could get her that Alan Young book about the law profession. It's called 'Justice Defiled - Perverts, Potheads, Serial Killers and Lawyers'.
I thought it was a pretty crappy book actually.

kat

TRIBE Member
i would say a gift card..

stores are getting much fancier with their packaging of these things too.

[tool]and if you have airmiles you can redeem for one from indigo, starbucks, roots, the gap, hbc or hmv![/tool]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories