• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

BC skiing.

me

TRIBE Member
Next week I'm heading to Fernie, Panorama and Kicking Horse to do some serious skiing. Anyone been out there recently? Conditions? Any fav's, tip's? Nice dinners? etc.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Revelstoke! best skiing in the interior (and therefore in BC and therefore in Canada). Feature article this month in Ski Canada about how great it is and the development taking place.

Bumbaclat

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Fernie, might be shit as may be the whole rest of that area, it was 10 degrees there last week. Lemme email my friends and ask then how it is they board Fernie everyday they can.

DAVE

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Preroller

TRIBE Member
oh, if your in Fernie, you HAVE to go to the Curry Bowl, its the best food for the best price.

um, everywhere else I found there was not the gretest of food, and it was overpriced. um, Athena's was good food, but small portions and expensive. Alpine lodge has good Sushi, but VERY pricey...up on the resort is Lizard Creek lodge, very nice place. Old Elevator was in town, kinda pricey, but fine dining.

DAVE

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
Revelstoke! best skiing in the interior (and therefore in BC and therefore in Canada). Feature article this month in Ski Canada about how great it is and the development taking place.

Bumbaclat
The thing I found out there was pretty much every resort was featured in some magazine or other saying it was rated 'best resort in BC' so, how can every resort be rated the best one each year? I think the tourism board pays a lot of money just for a mag to say they are the best.

If you can make it to Castle Mountain near Pincher Creek ALTA, it is not as busy and pretty cheap lift passes for how good the hill is.

DAVE

sk8

TRIBE Member
two words

RED MOUNTAIN

steve's description "i was cock-deep in powder"

no people, no lift lines, no tourism

don't go if you want a nightlife though. small town, a couple of restaurants.

futronic

TRIBE Member
"me":

My brother got back from Fernie this morning, and he said the conditions were perfect for boarding.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

-- Jay aka Fut

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
it's been snowing at Kicking Horse all day.

I still have 29 days before I'm hitting up Kicking Horse and Fernie. But the excitement and anticipation is killing me!!!

www.kickinghorseresort.com

if you're looking at their snow report page at K.H. , don't pay any attention to the base and accumilation of snow on the mountain. It's totally bunk.

www.skifernie.com

or

www.fernie.com

Last edited:

ninja

TRIBE Member
if your in fernie check out Jammocca's its across form the grocery story on the highway ( I think its been a while) but they have a great breakfast.
it should be good.
I'm stuck on the coast where theres alot more snow but its alot heavier. ( oh boo hoo :p )
peace
Mike

djazonic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by me
Next week I'm heading to Fernie, Panorama and Kicking Horse to do some serious skiing. Anyone been out there recently? Conditions? Any fav's, tip's? Nice dinners? etc.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
www.skifernie.com the hills "official site"

http://far.redtree.net - people from wpg that i know, honest snow report as you would want to see it.... historical stuff too...

www.panoramaresort.com official site... got a friend working out there (that i am going to stay with in feb) and she says there no pow, but if you in for days of thigh burning runs, its there... 4000 vertical feet..

as jeffpayne said, kicking horse is the bomb... and the link agian is: www.kickinghorseresort.com

places to ski / ride at each?

tons! fernie is wicked in the trees, and the new area is the bomb with snow... if your up for adventure, hike polar peek, or fish bowl.. :) you'll drop a load... ;)

panorama... schober's dream... i spent 6 yeas ski racing, this is a dream run, the whole vertical of the mountain top to bottom at a black / blue pitch... i think its like a 5km long run... pure vertical.. tayton bowl... yet to ride it, but have hiked up there.. killer!

kicking horse... hope to make it there this year, have been trying for the past 2, but keep getting hung up elsewhere (whistler / bigwhite) because its been puking powder all day... ;)

ill be out that way from february 20th - march 7th... doing the same little circuit, with a final stop in banff, where my rents will be starting a month long vacation on march 1st..

anyone who's out there and wants to meet up and do some riding send me an email.. ryan.loiselle mts.net you know whats missing..

if your looking for more places to ride or more info:

www.gords.com store in wpg with a good site..

www.ski-red.com Red Mountain.... ****INSANE****
www.unred.com CHECK THIS SITE OUT! a guy who grew up out west, drove a snow cat @ whistler and red, and now drives the cat / bartend's @ Baldface..

http://www.unred.com/images/03-04/jan_15_04_001.html

ill post some later..

www.skiwhitewater.com - sick sick sick powder..
www.bigwhite.com RULES!
www.skibanff.com good old sunshine..
www.skilouise.com like a diamond, always good..
www.whistlerblackcomb.com - for those with a large buget, ready to do it big in every way..

this should be every persons dream.. :)
http://www.baldface.net/

and this is where i want to get married.. make babies, and spend the rest of my life... my god i would give a nut to live / work here...

http://www.wiegele.com/winter/multimedia.php

as you can probably tell i am little bit of a skiing nut.. 5 pairs in my room alone, plus a burton, snow blades, and cross skate ski's.. :)
mmm... less then a month...

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
http://far.redtree.net - people from wpg that i know, honest snow report as you would want to see it.... historical stuff too...
I like these guys a lot. I think they're some retired peeps in Fernie who just live to ski(correct me if I'm wrong) and are good enough to put up reviews of their days on the hill. They give wicked descriptions of the conditions on a daily basis. You can recieve e-mail updates(like I do) every time their is a new review put up on their website.

me

TRIBE Member
Wicked help! Thanks Fut, Djzaonic and crew. I've been checking out their "official" sites everyday, but it's nice to get another perspective. Looks like snow in the forecast!! Really excited about Kicking Horse. Friends who have been there say it isn't called "Kicking Ass" for nothing. I think I've done my homework and am couting down the day's.
Again, thanks!

p.s. any more little tidbits I'll certainly follow up on.

djazonic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj_jeffpayne
I like these guys a lot. I think they're some retired peeps in Fernie who just live to ski(correct me if I'm wrong) and are good enough to put up reviews of their days on the hill. They give wicked descriptions of the conditions on a daily basis. You can recieve e-mail updates(like I do) every time their is a new review put up on their website.
yah, the people i know worked with my father here in wpg... saved up a ton of money, retiered early and bought a log cabin half way up the hill... they now run that as a bed and breakfast...

basically living to ski.. ahh, a simple dream that seems so distant at this point in time.

depraved

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
two words

RED MOUNTAIN

steve's description "i was cock-deep in powder"

no people, no lift lines, no tourism

don't go if you want a nightlife though. small town, a couple of restaurants.
Try to hook up with younger locals who work at the hill. Pot luck dinners = nightlife entertainment there. Great people. Crazy homegrown.