• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

BBQ Recipes for Manly Men

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
My name is Dan, and I have an unnatural obsession with the art of good BBQ.

I usually work with a modified version of Diana sauce(especially when inhibited by time or the routine Sunday hangover) but would like to subscribe to your respective newsletters regarding the perfect sauce for a recently purchased rack of ribs. Get all up in this grill, motherbitches!

This thread is a perfect opportunity to flex your BBQ muscle! Share your successes, follies and outright failures while rockin' the metal meat cage.

Successes - Blackened Cajun Chicken, Marinated Portobello Caps, Souvlaki(with homemade Tzatziki)

Folly - once burned all of the hair off my arm up to the elbow

Outright Failure - first time I tried cooking cajun chops(at a family gathering), I used copious amounts of crushed sea salt rendering them completely unedible.

Dan
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Lately I've been big on bbq'ing perogies (with inspiration from Vote Quimby).

Just a bag of frozen perogies, throw 'em in a mixing bowl and create your own sauce/spice mixture.

I usually include Ketchup, soya sauce, Honey Garlic BBQ sauce and some italian and/or cajun spices.

Low heat (about 350/400), for a total of 20-25 minutes (turning halfway through).
 

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
I too am a BBQ enthusiast. I like to Q year-round, and my new place offers a convenient shelter for me to grill in inclemant weather. I also recently got a big book of BBQ recipes - illustrated! - that I have yet to really delve into.

My next order of biz is to get one of those grill trays for veggies so that I'm not always using fucking foil.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kline

TRIBE Member
awesome chicken marinade:
3 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of sesame oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 tsp of chilli powder
2 tsp of ground pepper
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 half of a lime, squeezed
dash of salt
dash of basil and parsley

combine in a bowl, let sit. you can use this marinade for veggie kabobs too.
 

kline

TRIBE Member
foiled sweet potatoes:
take 1 large sweet potato and slice into strips about half an inch wide and 3 inches long. take 2 pieces of aluminum foil and make sure the shiny side is face up

on the top layer of foil, use a lil'bit of olive oil to coat the bottom where you'll pile the sweet potatoes. once on the foil, add the following to the top before wrapping it up closed, and then wrapping again in the 2nd layer [you need 2 layers or else it will bring to a crisp on the bbq.

2 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp of ground black pepper
1 tsp of ground white pepper
1 tbsp of salt, preferably sea variety
1 tsp of sugar

cook on the bbq, top rack for about 35-45mins on medium heat.
 

kline

TRIBE Member
gl*tch said:
My next order of biz is to get one of those grill trays for veggies so that I'm not always using fucking foil.
the BBQ wok can be found at crappy tire for $15.
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
gl*tch said:
My next order of biz is to get one of those grill trays for veggies so that I'm not always using fucking foil.

LStirfry%20Grill%20Basket%2030%20x%2030cm.jpg


Certainly makes doin' veggies on the Q much easier.
 

kline

TRIBE Member
roasted red pepper turkey burgers turkey (makes 4 patties)
400g lean ground turkey
1 egg
3 roasted red peppers, pureed
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp parmasean cheese
1 tsp ground pepper OR chilli pepper
1 stalk green onion, minced
dash of salt

combine all of the above in a large mixing bowl and mash the hell out of it until you get a solid paste. if it runs a bit, just ass a touch more salt OR a tsp of instant thickener [processed flour]. make into 4 patties and then heat the hell outta your BBQ and put on the grill. as per lok's advice, you want to flash cook the outside so it doesn't fall apart.

on top i recommend a slice of mozzarella cheese, tomato, and a pesto sauce.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
BBQ Pizza!!!!

Swear to god it's awesome.

roll/toss pizza dough to desired thickness. Don't use flatbread it must be real dough! Oil one side of the pizza dough and place directly on grill oil side down without any toppings. Grill 2-3 minutes checking to make sure it doen't burn. Flip it over and add toppings as you like, cover, and grill until heated through 2-3 minutes.
 

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
one day at work sheeting a roof i was trying to come up with ways to add more meat to things
this is what i came up with

bacon wrapped mushrooms stuffed with crab meat/cream cheese

get some huge mushrooms and core them out

mix the crab meat and cream cheese mixture to desired taste(add anything you want, i added some fresh dill)
put mixture into cored mushrooms
cook bacon
wrap them things in bacon
cook em til they are how you like em
profit
 

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
**UPDATE**

Alright gents, after some research, and a touch of creativity, here is my recently tested rib recipe for all to enjoy:

4lbs Pork sideribs
6 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced

Rub:
------
2 tblspns Paprika
" " Cumin
" " cracked pepper
1/2 tblspn Cayenne
" " ground thyme

Sauce
--------
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershirestershire sauce
1/2-3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Mexican Chipotle hot sauce(can substitute with 50/50 liquid smoke and regular chili sauce)
2 tspns pepper(ground)
2 tspns mustard powder
1/2 lemon squeezed
2 tblspns finely chopped onion
1 1/2 tspns salt

Directions:
------------
Mix rub ingredients together and apply evenly to both racks on both sides.
Wrap them up in plastic wrap, and toss them in the fridge overnight(a few hours is fine though)

Place ribs in a roasting pan with half a cup of water, and evenly distribute the garlic slices as desired. Place in the even at 300 degrees for 2 3/4 hours. With about 45 mins to go, apply sauce liberally to both sides of the ribs, at 15 min intervals. Cook uncovered for a few minutes each time to allow the last layer of sauce to caramelize on the meat.

Sauce: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer on medium low heat for about an hour, or when sauce is desired consistency. Keep in mind that the sauce will thicken as it cools a bit.

*****

Got absolute rave reviews from family today! I served them with garlic mash(with port and shallots) and a mixed green salad with walnuts and raspberry vinegrette.

Try it out! It's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, and goddamn they were good!

Dan
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

catilyst

TRIBE Member
LivingRoomPornstar said:
**UPDATE**

Alright gents, after some research, and a touch of creativity, here is my recently tested rib recipe for all to enjoy:

4lbs Pork sideribs
6 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced

Rub:
------
2 tblspns Paprika
" " Cumin
" " cracked pepper
1/2 tblspn Cayenne
" " ground thyme

Sauce
--------
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershirestershire sauce
1/2-3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Mexican Chipotle hot sauce(can substitute with 50/50 liquid smoke and regular chili sauce)
2 tspns pepper(ground)
2 tspns mustard powder
1/2 lemon squeezed
2 tblspns finely chopped onion
1 1/2 tspns salt

Directions:
------------
Mix rub ingredients together and apply evenly to both racks on both sides.
Wrap them up in plastic wrap, and toss them in the fridge overnight(a few hours is fine though)

Place ribs in a roasting pan with half a cup of water, and evenly distribute the garlic slices as desired. Place in the even at 300 degrees for 2 3/4 hours. With about 45 mins to go, apply sauce liberally to both sides of the ribs, at 15 min intervals. Cook uncovered for a few minutes each time to allow the last layer of sauce to caramelize on the meat.

Sauce: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer on medium low heat for about an hour, or when sauce is desired consistency. Keep in mind that the sauce will thicken as it cools a bit.

*****

Got absolute rave reviews from family today! I served them with garlic mash(with port and shallots) and a mixed green salad with walnuts and raspberry vinegrette.

Try it out! It's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, and goddamn they were good!

Dan

Get that faggot oven cooked rib recipe out of your thread!

Actually that does look pretty good, I would suggest maybe a bit of celery seed in the rub and substitue apple or grape juice for the water if you wanted to play around a bit.
 

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
ahaha! I forgot to mention the 5 minute/side grilling at the end!

<-------- tool

thanks for bringing that up(though the passive aggressive homophobia was a little much :p)

Dan :D
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
cooking a nice 28once new york strip tonight, give mongo some bbq sauce recomendations here, homestylez!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dig this

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Kosher Salt + Fresh Ground Pepper.

BBQ sauce reccomendations for Steaks are for the Girls Room.

Although I agree, I think the fact that this is a 28 once steak kinda trumps that idea.
 

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
BBQ on a steak is sacrilegious. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature 30 mins-1 hour before cooking. Personally, I'd rub some olive oil or butter on it with black pepper beforehand, then just before cooking it add the salt, as salt also pulls moisture out of meat drying it out.

That veggie rack is a great idea.
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Aerius Zension said:
BBQ on a steak is sacrilegious. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature 30 mins-1 hour before cooking. Personally, I'd rub some olive oil or butter on it with black pepper beforehand, then just before cooking it add the salt, as salt also pulls moisture out of meat drying it out.

That veggie rack is a great idea.
the sauce was just to get this thread going you clowns. As if Mongo didnt know!

I like this idea, any other takers?
 

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
dig this said:
Although I agree, I think the fact that this is a 28 once steak kinda trumps that idea.

In my experience there are lots of girls in the Girls Forum that appreciate a big piece of meat.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top