• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

BBQ 2021

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Got the score of the year last weekend as my neighbor was getting rid of some of his Dad’s old items, including a Big Green Egg. Free is always good.

I’ve never used one before so before I get it set up, anyone have experience with a Kamodo style bbq/smoker?

Ive got the propane Broil King and a Weber charcoal grill however before I shell out a bunch of cash on ribs or brisket, I want to make sure I know what I’m doing.

Tips, tricks are appreciated.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I grill a lot (year round, most days). If you are comfortable with smoking on a Weber kettle (ie ya have a digital grill thermometer, and either a probe for bigger meats or an instant read one), then it's all the same controls: air flow, steady temperature, moisture, and time.

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I had an old propane BBQ but I put it out on the curb. Exclusively use an ordinary charcoal Weber. I've learned how to use it with less heat. I want to use it more but the big steaks of days gone by are so expensive these days...