• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

BBC show - Extras >> Good Stuff!

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I've searched so timeline away if necessary ;)

Anyway, just watched season one on DVD and laughed my ass off.

Stars Ricky Gervais of "The Office" fame. Guest stars include Ben Stiller, Kate Winslet, Patrick Stewart, Samuel L Jackson.

It's basically about Andy Millman, a struggling "actor" who is merely surviving on being an extra while trying to get speaking roles and working on a script. Some great chemistry between Gervais and his female sidekick - the trampy and daft Maggie Jacobs (played by Ashley Jensen - EastEnders, Casualty, The Bill)

Andy also has the WORST agent in the history of agents - played by Stephan Merchant (co-writer of "The Office")

More info - http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/extras/

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
there's another thread but why not have another one...I went through the first season in a 2 day span :D ...laughed my ass off when gervais squares off with the girl with cerebral palsy!

(never thought I'd conclude cerebral palsy with an exclamation point)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Still havent seen the whole season yet, but gervais talking to patrick stewart is amazingly priceless.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
there is another thread? I must have missed it. And yes - the Patrick Stewart ep was brilliant.

Apparently, there's a second season? I don't know if it's on now or coming soon, but whatever - this is great stuff if you've ever been in film/theatre or just like a good laugh!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I just watched the one with Daniel Radcliffe playing himself.

He was brilliant!
The one with Kate Winslet as a nun was good too.

Great show. Every episode is a winner. Both seasons. Gervais is actually really funny in this. More understated. Not like that horrible UK version of The Office.. ;)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Oh god, a Chris Martin episode. I hate Coldplay with such a passion.

I don't care how they ironically portray Chris Martin from Coldplay as this egomaniacal, self-professed musical genius.. And we're supposed to think he's mocking the media's perceptions of him and having a laugh about himself?

I still think he's a huge wanker. Waaaaaaaaaaah, I write sad songs and wear motorcross jackets.. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahh...

Alright, enough cough syrup!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ugh, Chris Martin is singing the theme during the credits.
I had to turn it off before my balls started to disappear.

smack

TRIBE Member
best british show hands down.
season 2 really takes it to another level.
the best part of this show are all the celebrity cameos and how they play along and poke fun at themselves.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I finally downloaded this last week and have watched almost all of them. So good
Gervais does 'akward comedy' like a fucking pro.

my two favs scenese so far are the david bowie vip scene and the end of the play..
"i love you"
"in the play"

lol

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Oh god, a Chris Martin episode. I hate Coldplay with such a passion.

I don't care how they ironically portray Chris Martin from Coldplay as this egomaniacal, self-professed musical genius.. And we're supposed to think he's mocking the media's perceptions of him and having a laugh about himself?

I still think he's a huge wanker. Waaaaaaaaaaah, I write sad songs and wear motorcross jackets.. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahh...

Alright, enough cough syrup!
Is eee 'avin a laugh?? IS EE 'avin a LAUGH????