• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

BBC Doc: Freud's nephew invented consumerism as mass control!

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
Like Baraka, this documentary will be mandatory viewing when i take over the world... Totally mindblowing. I think the last part will be available starting tomorrow.

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article12669.htm

The Century of the Self

How politicians and business learned to create and manipulate mass-consumer society.

Adam Curtis, The Century of the Self tells the untold and sometimes controversial story of the growth of the mass-consumer society in Britain and the United States. How was the all-consuming self created, by whom, and in whose interests?

Freud provided useful tools for understanding the secret desires of the masses. Unwittingly, his work served as the precursor to a world full of political spin doctors, marketing moguls, and society's belief that the pursuit of satisfaction and happiness is man's ultimate goal.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Saw this about a year ago, and yah...it's easy one of the best docs I've ever seen. Sooo sinister.

I think I'll watch it again for a refresher.

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
this documentary will be mandatory viewing when i take over the world...
this is literally the most jaw-dropping doc i've seen in years, and i watch a LOT of documentaries.
Saw this about a year ago, and yah...it's easy one of the best docs I've ever seen.
I just wanted to add my strongest possible endorsement
and make sure to watch all four parts! its a four-part doc, about an hour each

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
Wow. downloaded this doc last week after the recommendation in the documentary thread. I've just watched the first part, which was pretty interesting. I'll be sure to persevere through the next 3 parts after endorsements like this.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
anyone watch this one yet? i managed to get my torrent pretty quickly, so i bet some of you have it too...

man. what an eye opener... i'm still reeling.