• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bay/Gerrard UP IN SMOKE!!

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
I just drove by on my bike to almost get killed by fire trucks. Huge black cloud of smoke from one of the office buildings I assume.

News?????

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
From toronto fire dispatch:

BAY ST, TT GERRARD ST W / HAYTER ST
2006-04-18 14:18:17 F06040368
Fire - Outside Storage
1 314 R325, P314, P332, A312, C33, LA333, R326,

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Black smoke can be seen billowing high into the Toronto skyline from an address that's believed to be in the area of Bay near College. Police are advising it may involve a trailer fire at a construction site.

Watch CityNews at Six and CP24 for the latest updates.

Sent 2:33pm, April 18, 2006

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
miss riot said:
I just drove by on my bike to almost get killed by fire trucks. Huge black cloud of smoke from one of the office buildings I assume.

News?????
you're lucky i wasn't driving or you certainly would've been toast! ;)

d

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i work at Bay and Gereard.. I am OK!

Aparantly it was a fire on the construction site across from my office.. ( an new ugly condo)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Hayter street has been closed for like a year now.. (they are doing underground tunnel work for the deep lake cooling systmem)

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
why not said:
they let you drive the truck? cool!

what does the guy on the back of those long trucks do?
unfortunately for civilians and anything else venturing out on to our city streets, yes. ;) (j/k besides the capt. most guys take turns driving at most firehalls. and yes, it can be alot of fun so long as your safe, of course.)

as for the guy on the back of those long trucks... (i'm assuming you're referring to "tiller" aerial apparatus like the one on seinfeld that kramer took a shot at driving?) he actually steers the back end (rear axle) of the truck (to allow it to turn/swing around tight corners without clipping cars or cutting curbs) while the driver at the front drives the truck and steers the front end.

we don't have any of those types of aerial trucks on the tfs (or even in nearby outlying areas to my knowledge.)

i believe pics of all tfs apparatus (and some fireground photos) can be found here: torontofirepics.com

d

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
it is the racoon seeking his revenge on the city for harassing him on the pole