1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Baseball leagues in summer - downtown

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by sianspherica, Mar 12, 2010.

1. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

anyone know where I can find out info on joining a league for men's (or co-ed) recreational baseball league this summer, in the downtown area?

I tried googling but it mainly linked to teams/leagues for thornhill, sauga, east york. I'd preferably it not be a slow-pitch league, most the things in google linked to slow pitch. Is that mainly the kind of adult rec baseball leagues there are?
  2. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

Baseball or Softball?
  3. stanimal

stanimal TRIBE Member

4. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

If you are looking for Baseball, like hardball overhand throwing, curve balls, base stealing and all that. Downtown has nothing. I've been wishing for that for years.

I play in Mississauga Men's Baseball League (MMBL), been playing there for a few years, its a great league, well run, we have some decent ballparks. There's a bunch of guys on my team that are from the city and make the trek. What position do you play?, were actually looking for fill some roster spots.
  5. sianspherica

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of softball but it looks like that is the only thing that exists downtown.

Looks like slow-pitch is the only thing widespread.

As for travelling to Sauga, not really possible. I live downtown and I don't drive. I have no clue what preferred position I would play because I have not played competitive baseball since I was 13 (I'm 26 now), probably outfield would be ideal.

thanks for the links.
  6. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

Yeah, it takes a little while to get used to playing baseball again...it took me almost a whole season to start feeling comfortable at the plate again...

Good luck man wherever you play!
  7. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

We have a team downtown, but not for you.
  8. sianspherica

I was not interested in joining the CAMH team anyways.
  9. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

10. sianspherica

that's a shame dude, Nathan always had a wicked arm at third.
  11. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I play on a co-ed softball team - this will be year 4 of our dynasty.

We played for TCSSC the past few years, but have decided that an occasional game at Trinity isn't worth the 4 consecutive games at Weston & Finch. We're playing with not so pro this year on Monday nights.

We may also have a couple of roster slots available - I know we're definitely short 1-2 ladies, but may also need a guy or two.
    Anyone interested can shoot me a PM or email me at pete {dot} anderson98 at gmail {dot} com

We'll probably throw together a practice sometime in April, or whenever the ground dries out.
  12. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

Which team were you on Pete? I played with the Backdoor Sliders and then was picked up as a free agent by some buddies on the MasterBatters.

I agree. When I would park one into a basketball court past left field and was worried about repercussion. It made me want to switch hit next time.
  13. LunaVC

LunaVC TRIBE Member

craigslist or kijiji right?
  14. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

There is a reason you can't find any real baseball in this city. City won't insure people to play. Meaning if you start a league the insurance you would need to pay would bankrupt everyone and not make it feesable.

That being said, there are a bunch of guys who play a serious pick-up game every Tuesday afternoon at the Pits.
  15. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

LOL!!!! I walked right into that.
  16. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

I used to play in the SABL (scarbourough) before moving out west.
    Great league! Sabl.ca
  17. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

What time?? Im a few blocks from there!