• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Baseball Cards

nawberry

TRIBE Member
Who else got caught up in that crazy baseball card phase in the early 90s?

I was certain that rookie cards would overtake stocks as the most solid investment mechanism.

The following were the prizes of my collection:

I also was certain that Ben McDonald was going to be the next Bob Gibson.

What were other tribers prized cards?

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
1992 ken griffey donruss elite card, was valued back then at 340, now 35
1989 ken griffey upperdeck rookie, was 75.00 now 20-35
1995 or 1996 upperdeck alex rodriguez star rookie (electric diamond), got it graded, was selling at auction for 1200.00, i have 3 of them, and 3 other rookie cards of him worth around 60

bobby orr rookie, 3200???(but i dont get that untill my uncle dies)

3 michael jordans uperdeck 1991 sp1 baseball rookie cards, i am clueless, but they were worth something

i was all about the insert craze!!!

too bad cards are worth crap right now, it is sad to see how muchthey are going for on ebay , even with this new "grading" system, btw is there aplace in t.o. that does grading? legends of the game??

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
My experience with cards reached its apex in Grade 7 when I bought a whole box of proset cards in the hopes of getting a Raghib Ismael card.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I have Jordan's rookie and second year card. Well I have a card to represent every year in the NBA.

The Scottie Pippen rookie with his name spelled wrong on one side (Pippin)

Cam Neely rookie card.

I have a ton of cards, but to get anthing for them in Toronto most dealers want them graded by a company like Becketts and I'm too lazy for that now.

Last edited: