1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bartending job - do you have any hookups or contacts?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by juice, Aug 26, 2003.

1. juice

juice TRIBE Member

A very good friend of mine is looking for a bartending job somewhere in the city, preferably downtown and preferably for 3 nights a week or less. This is just her preference anything in and around that would probably be fine as well. She has a ton of experience both in this city as well as in England. She's gone through the common job channels already and isn't finding much (she's currently working at a bar but isn't happy there).

So if anyone knows of anything please PM me any information that you feel might help, thanks in advance.

2. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

Bars/restaurants around Yonge and Eglinton always seem to be looking for people. She should try around there.

3. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Brass Rail?

4. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far both here and via PM ... keep them coming.

Oh by the way she has a nice rack too ... that's important and stuff. However, she's not interested in working at a strip club or Hooters type establishment. We lived beside For Your Eyes Only that was enough of that for us :)

5. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

then the rest of her bartending resume is completely irrelavant... for real....

6. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

I have nothing to help.... :D..... but yea.. good luck to your friend..

Bumbaclat

7. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

this is a hard time of year, most bars are scaling back as patio season winds down.

She could try hemmingways, I know a lot of their staff are students so they would be cutting back on their hours after summer vacation.

8. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

a girl i work with just got a parttime job with Piccadilly's circus...just opened up in the club district.

all women, all big breasted......your friend should have no problems.

:)sarah

9. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Friend = Astrid just so you know ... and I'll totally let her know about that.