• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bars that don't let you talk to other people

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I wasn't alive in the 1700s.

There were, at that time, Saloons in the wild west of America, there were Absinthe bars in France...

At any pub, bar, tavern, house of ill repute, it was generally understood that you're going there to get drunk and probably are going to talk to random people.

Enter Waterloo in 2015.

They still, sort of, let you get get drunk. I mean they WILL stop you after six pints at lunch, but

HEAVEN FORBID if you talk to another customer. I can name three different establishments, governed by different dumb wenches all about 18 years old, who presumably took an online smart-serve course, who cut me off for the explicit reason:

wench> "You talked to other customers."

Well bitch, get back on your smart phone and tweet your nanny before getting me that next tequila, you're fired.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Frankly, is a computer measuring it for them? Because the dumb wenches are obviously too stupid to measure it themselves.

wench> "You've had 4.33 pints in the last hour, I can't serve you anymore."
me> "Ah, bitch, a pint is actually 20 oz and what you've been serving me is only 14."
wench> "404 error I have blond hair! I'm special!"

I will reserve naming the places in Kitchener, pff they're all owned by the same person anyway, so the interested reader can look it up.

But, the best bar in the world is:

Jigger Bar in Nagoya, Japan.

I had no idea what a Jigger is, untill I went to that bar.
I could not communicate fully with the bartender, who was very well dressed.
He made incredible effort to speak to me.
I showed up at 4am, he wiped the table across from me. He took my money, and listened to my problems.

The Jigger bar in Nahoya had no dumb bitches who took an online smart serve and think that every male who walks into the joint wants to fuck their asshole.

The Jigger Bar in Nagoya is what every seasoned alcoholic wants.

Plus Japanese men in suits.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I have since learned that a "jigger" is equipment for measuring a unit of liquid volume.

Fair enough.

The reason that that fair dressed Japanese gentleman listened to me so closely, was probably because he spoke no English and I spoke no Japanese.

For you married people out there, I highly recommend marriage with a person who does not speak your first language. In this manner, it is possible to become very upset, say many stupid things, and then cuddle in bed afterwards, anyway.\\\

PS Aled D could you please change the timeout settings?

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
OK Alex D, it is both a problem of your website and also Dell for putting their stupid "close and cancel" function very near to their "c" and "v" ony the keyboard.

I have had to type this four times because of functional deviation both on the part of your website and the ridiculous nature of a Dell computer.

Really, who uses a touch pad?

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
If i'm dive baring, Jeffsus would be one of the folks I'd actually want to speak with.

So everything he says in here is 100% accurate.

Otherwise, we're talking about dumb shit like the Kardashians are the best TV program ever made. Wait, some idiot I don't know just twittered, and that all of a sudden becomes my life.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
If i'm dive baring, Jeffsus would be one of the folks I'd actually want to speak with.

So everything he says in here is 100% accurate.

Otherwise, we're talking about dumb shit like the Kardashians are the best TV program ever made. Wait, some idiot I don't know just twittered, and that all of a sudden becomes my life.
Thank you.

Also, if you even try to call an engineer at Dell, give up. You WILL go through at least two rounds of Indian call centres, while they bounce you back and forth, then a call centre in Malaysia, and you can say "ENGINEER" until your brown in the face, never gonna happen.

The top left of the touch pad functions as "exit and close". Maybe some brown engineer somewhere thought that was a good thing. But when you're actually typing, my left thumb happens to frequently be above the top left of the touch pad. That DOES NOT MEAN that I want to exit and close the current window.

-jM
A&D

praktik

TRIBE Member
Half the time people think they are talking to India they are talking to Raj, 3 year veteran from the Canadian suburbs, putting himself through university

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Half the time people think they are talking to India they are talking to Raj, 3 year veteran from the Canadian suburbs, putting himself through university
Well, "half the time" is pushing it. The gentleman freely admitted where he was and I don't really care that it was India, and later Malaysia.

I just wanted to talk to the dimwhit collection of designers who decided that the top left corner of the touchpad on a dell is going to be the "close window" function.

With an average male hand, typing on this laptop's keyboard means part of my palm or thumb is regularly hovering over, or touching, the top left of the touchpad. That closes the window. How this possibly got past the UX people I have no idea.

I don't need my touchpad to carry out special functions. HP tried this too.

I also hate how Windows 8 brings up a menu if you take the cursor anywhere near the right side of the page -- I want to move the SCROLL BAR, not watch Michael Jackson's funeral (the touch topic of today for some reason)

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders