1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Barem at Zone - Saturday March 13, 2010

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by PAUZE, Mar 16, 2010.

1. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Got there at 4 AM, place was rammed, lineup outside as well.

Got in JayForce was playing, not a big fan.

Ricky Syfer came on and tore it up as usual.

Barem followed but had some technical issues setting up his Traktor to turntables in zone. His set wasnt too bad, didnt find his mixing particularly good. He masked his mistakes with effects in Traktor which was kind of lame.

The junkies followed and killed the place, these guys have got some serious talent as dj's! Flawless mixing and some really nice new tracks! (All of their new stuff should be out on Beatport now).

Chris Larsen and Alicia Hush followed playing some more minimally bleepy stuff. Mixing was pretty tight but wasnt really feeling the beats too much.

All in all great evening, thought the Toronto locals did a much better job then Barem though......

Anyone else go?

2. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

I was there! :D

went to bed at 10pm friday...woke up at 3:30....hit a friends house for some kushups before the jam.

no lineup by 5 when we got there. Stayed from 5-8 for all of Barems set.

agreed with you on his set. wasn't much to write home about, but some of the tracks were nice and dirty.

I didn't really go for the guest DJ, I went for the viiiiiiiiiiiiibe (and hopes of seeing something carazay)

Upfront all night jammin with young bitties and kicking the dj booth fence!

Wish I did drugs, I would have lasted longer. ha.

3. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

comfortzone is one of the dopest afthrs spot in to. too bad all they play is douchebag electotrance. anybody know who to call to book it?

4. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

quote of the week.

5. dg0425

dg0425 TRIBE Member

:D

Party had a nice vibe but it was supposed to be a m-nus afterparty. If it was the after party where was the actual party?

6. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Thats what I was trying to figure out!

Where was he playing before this? They must have got a sweet deal or something....