• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Barbara Bush steers donation cash to son's firm

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Hey it runs in the family!

Barbara Bush steers donation cash to son's firm

March 26, 2006

Advertisement

HOUSTON -- Former first lady Barbara Bush gave money to a hurricane relief fund on the condition that it be spent to buy educational software from her son Neil's company.

The chief of staff of former President George H.W. Bush would not disclose the amount earmarked for purchases from Ignite Learning.

Since Barbara Bush's gift, the Ignite Learning program has been given to eight public schools with high numbers of Hurricane Katrina evacuees, the Houston Chronicle reported.

''Mrs. Bush wanted to do something specifically for education and specifically for the thousands of students flooding into the Houston schools,'' Jean Becker said Thursday.

The money was donated to the Bush-Clinton Houston Hurricane Relief Fund, said Steve Maislin, president of the Greater Houston Community Foundation, which administers the fund. That fund has no connection to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund, he said.

Barbara Bush chose to promote Ignite because she supports her son and has genuine enthusiasm for his company's program, Becker said.

AP

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-babs26.html

HMP

TRIBE Member
how lovely: a tax deduction that generates publicity AND she gets to keep it in the family. everyone wins, except maybe the poor kids. can't think what level of education they're receiving from republican coffers, if fox network and george dubya is anything to go by....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
HMP said:
how lovely: a tax deduction that generates publicity AND she gets to keep it in the family. everyone wins, except maybe the poor kids. can't think what level of education they're receiving from republican coffers, if fox network and george dubya is anything to go by....

no no you have it all wrong:

"''Mrs. Bush wanted to do something specifically for education and specifically for the thousands of students flooding into the Houston schools,'' Jean Becker said Thursday."

Clearly this is about the students, it's just that as a mother she knows what type of educational software material is best for homeless children.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:

See I'd like to do biblical things to the bush daughters. Not because they're sexy or anything, but just to be able to say I've done biblical things to his daughters if ever I met the guy.

"George is a pleasure to finally meet you, did you know your daughter Jenna giggles when you stick your finger ..." fuck discussing war or foriegn policy with this ass, I want to be able to discuss his daughters "Oh" face in graphic detail.

I didn't care about the Pam Anderson sex tape, or the Paris Hilton tape but I'd pay $100 to watch either of the Bush daughters taking it up the ass.

it was easier to simply repost my comments from another thread...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Seen here with a sister who looks eerily like someone though I can't put my finger on it...

Seen here with her hot cousin (I would choose Baba first)

Seen here posing for Vanity Fair although I prefer her in a power suit a la Condi Rice

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
LOL!

Have you ever read the Ann Coulter slash fiction? I don't know if I read it here or somewhere else...I'd search for it but it's anything but SFW.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
littlejon said:

jenna demurely asks for the shocker while dad smiles, oblivious as always.
Actually that's the hand sign for the University of Texas Longhorns. (hook 'em horns) \m/

littlejon

TRIBE Member
deep..
you mean that they are a whole campus fulla sluts down there?
my goodness! :O

i'd like to see her face full of shock and awe.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HMP

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
no no you have it all wrong:

"''Mrs. Bush wanted to do something specifically for education and specifically for the thousands of students flooding into the Houston schools,'' Jean Becker said Thursday."

Clearly this is about the students, it's just that as a mother she knows what type of educational software material is best for homeless children.
educational software for homeless kids - yup, about as useful as chewing gum to solve a math problem. guess there's no family biz that covers food, clothing or decent housing. ick.

oh, and the bush women aren't as attractive as the kennedys.