• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Banksy in Toronto...

acheron

TRIBE Member
how long before someone rips one of the walls off with a backhoe and tries to sell it on ebay is what I want to know

as a side note fauxreel will feel emboldened by this and our city will be wallpapered with his clone-banksy throwups for the rest of the summer.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
promoting his movie: Exit Through the Gift Shop

has anyone seen it?
saw it at the sneak preview. it's good.

it's also funny that he had to make a movie to address all the fan fare and pseudo-celebrety he has.

the whole thing is a giant commentary on how everybody is a pathetic ball washer who jumps on the bandwagon so hard. it's full of all kinds of funny ironies and commentaries on the popularity of graffiti these days.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think I will go see this tomorrow and wait for Iron Man 2 torrents to appear.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I like this one:

It was painted over by yesterday afternoon. Now, I'm not on Banksy's bone like so many others, but I can appreciate the fact that he is probably the most popularly recognized contepmorary artist of the last decade, with Brangelia buying works for over a million pounds. And here is a work that lasts only hours before being taken down. If nothing else Banksy gets a lot of people talking about what constitutes art and its boundaries, which is what it's all about, I suppose.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
anybody know of any blogs that gave up to date status on the existance of said art?

i've read somewhere that 4/7 are gone