• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bandwidth providers

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am investigating getting a dedicated T1 into the office here, or finding a local co-located company who can host our server hardware.

Any suggestions or contacts?

tobywan

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pr0nstar:
My friend's use UUNet for their co-lo's and some others use http://www.xo.com/

pr0nstar
</font>
Yeah, and you take the "doo-hicky", and format it with the "thingamabob", and bam!...you got a connection

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
No, I am investigating moving our server to Ontario from where it currently resides (in Alberta in the CN Tower).

This would mean getting a company to co-locate it, or would involve getting a solid dedicated connection like a T1 or better into the office here. Thus I am wondering if anyone knows of any companies that can provide these services.

It all seems to point to Worldcom (even the uunet site goes to Worldcom). Any others?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
we got t1 through our provider...golden triangle in waterloo

givem a try if u like..they host our ftp site..

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I've given my input alex, as I'm not a pro with co-los...

Plus BellNexxia does all our OC-3/ATM Rings.

pr0nstar

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:
dedicated t1 from bell for 3 years is 1600 a month with a 1500 install fee.

Astroboy out...
</font>
What a fucking RIP OFF!

I've heard them going as low as $400 or so a month.

pr0nstar

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silverback

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alexd:
It all seems to point to Worldcom (even the uunet site goes to Worldcom). Any others?</font>
I take care of the network connection 'n' stuff here at work. We have a dedicated T1 from WorldCom and I've had no trouble with them. Very responsive to issues, they actively monitor the line conditions. I got a phone call telling me they are sending a Bell tech out because the line was doing something weird. I had no idea, anything was wrong, it was all working from what we could see. So they're pretty helpful and make sure you have a quality working connection.

From my experience, excellent service thus far.

Silverback

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pr0nstar:
What a fucking RIP OFF!

I've heard them going as low as $400 or so a month.
</font>
You're probably thinking burstable T1 instead of dedicated. I'd love to see a dedicated connect at that price in writing.
We shopped around and got a great deal with WorldCom. Roughly the same monthly rate, around $1600 or so, installation was waived and the bell trunk fee's are included in that $1600.

Damn good deal compared to others.

Burstable stinks.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Well dedicated, or whatever, still expensive.

Think our dedicated T1 we have in our Region Office for the Outside people is about $1200 a month. With whom I'm not 100% sure. I can find out.

But most of our stuff is Internal OC-3 Rings through Bell Nexxia who does a lot of the major providing in Canada for us Government folks.

pr0nstar

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juice:
Originally posted by KickIT:
Don't use Teleglobe. They stank.

*c*
</font>
Good call Chuck
Haha.. I didn't know you were on this board too. Nice.

juice would know first hand how bad teleglobe shtanks.

*c*