• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Band performance at weddings

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I am interested in having a band (carribean) play at my wedding and I have NO idea who to ask about that, I have no connections or know anybody that can direct me for this. I want them to perform for like 30 mins max.

Can you guys help me?

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I was at a wedding 2 years ago and they had a guy playing a steal drum.

It was pretty good, except half the time he just played a CD and ate and drank with the guests. As bestman I had to get him back on the drums!!

I can get you his details if you want. He's not a band, but he may be able to direct you.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lobo

TRIBE Member
Just be careful with who you end up selecting. My buddy got married last summer and it was all high end at a country club and they hired a band instead of a DJ for the night. While the band was ok, it was not what they had invisioned it to be. Things they had requested not be done ended up being done and other little issues. This for a band costing something like $10,000!

Lobo

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I don't get it, they wouldn't sign a piece of paper with the total amount? Besides, we're not having a band for the entire night, it's just for 30 mins tops.

thom100

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I don't get it, they wouldn't sign a piece of paper with the total amount? Besides, we're not having a band for the entire night, it's just for 30 mins tops.
I don't think the length of time they play has too much to do with how much it'll cost.
Remember its the transport of the band, sound check, set-up/tear down, feeding them ( even for 30 minutes most bands will require a meal for all memebers), that will end up costing you.
A lot of bands don't actaully like playing short sets because of all the time involved in the entire process.

Caz

TRIBE Member
thom100 said:
I don't think the length of time they play has too much to do with how much it'll cost.
Remember its the transport of the band, sound check, set-up/tear down, feeding them ( even for 30 minutes most bands will require a meal for all memebers), that will end up costing you.
A lot of bands don't actaully like playing short sets because of all the time involved in the entire process.
this says it all.
Also, Ironically, finding a band for a shorter amount of time will be much harder to do.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories