• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

baldness, funny? or not

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I don't think its very funny, maybe because as a male, its potentially a possibility for me as well.

I was just having dinner with my sister and my good friend Ellen, and they were making fun of this guy that they both know who is now going bald. They were both getting a huge kick out of it until I said "what's wrong with being bald? He can't help it", and then they said "there's nothing wrong with it". So.....they don't think that there's anything wrong with it, but yet, they'll never date a bald guy, and they make copious amounts of bald jokes. I don't get it :rolleyes:

I've heard a lot of girls say that there's nothing wrong with being bald, but yet those are the same girls that make fun of guys for being bald

george.gif

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
i'd also like to add, that no....im not going bald.....but if it happens, I have an infinite amount of bald jokes burned into my head thanks to my female friends

Skipper

TRIBE Member
The women you are referring to are probably of the it's-okay-to-be-bald-as-long-as-long-as-you-dont-hit-on-me type.

Very similar to the I-don't-mind-homeless-people-unless-they-get-in-my-way type.

I personally can't say if I'd be attracted to a bald man or not, since bald men are usually a bit too old for me, but I can say that the look of a bald head on a man who carries it well is HAAT. :cool:

Some guys look really good with a shaved head...I say, if you're balding, then shave it and look like you're bald on purpose! :D

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
The women you are referring to are probably of the it's-okay-to-be-bald-as-long-as-long-as-you-dont-hit-on-me type.

Very similar to the I-don't-mind-homeless-people-unless-they-get-in-my-way type.

:D

so what type are you?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
i'd also like to add, that no....im not going bald.....but if it happens...

...you'll have to become a techno fan.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
There are certain guys on here that I've noticed have the signs of hair loss. They're still delicious though.

But it happens to a lot of guys. So whatever. Just don't do the comb-over thing, shave the rest of it off and you're a hot, big bad bald guy.

Right BBB?

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
a favourite quote from my bald music teacher,

"god only created a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair."

<------pre-emptivly bald!

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
My ex was losing his hair so he shaved it. I think he looks way better that way and I was certainly attracted to him when we were together.

Just...don't do the combover, everybody! You're not fooling anyone and you look silly.

I must admit though, a guy from my past (who hurt me quite badly) reappeared 3 years later and I took some sick glee in the fact that his hairline was receding. :)

~jen

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I have been fighting the enevitable for a while now...but I am winnig the battle.(ie all the men on both sides of my family were worse off then I am now), so yeah to special shampoo!
Dave

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
it does work for a lot of men...Laurence Fishbourne, Ed Harris...Homer Simpson
Indeed ... Laurence Fishbourne = sexy, sexy, sexy!!!! I found his physical presence absolutely mesmerizing in the Matrix. Hair would just be wasted on that beautiful, brown, intense head of his.

Add Patrick Stewart to the list ... older but still smokin'
Some men simply look far better without hair than with it. And for some, I'm sure, this is very good news indeed. Yet another of example of taking what you've got & making the most of it. ;)

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Bald on some is right. I love being bald. It suits me. I don't give a fuck who finds what sexy, it's about what I find seXXXy.

BBB.

I bought Yul Brenner's ashes on EBay.

acheron

TRIBE Member
bald guys who sit in gyno row always get fanny rubs at peeler bars. Helluva advantage if you ask me.

In some cases, baldness (on the scalp) is caused by an excess of testosterone.

So, don't look at young guys with thinning hair and assume it's simply a hereditary problem.

He may just have huge nads. ;)

Loopster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Bald on some is right. I love being bald. It suits me. I don't give a fuck who finds what sexy, it's about what I find seXXXy.
Isn't that the whole point? If YOU love the look & you find it sexy, it's likely that you'll have that subtle glow of somebody who knows they are comfortable & happy with themselves just as they are. Regardless of particular details (height/weight/colour, etc), these folks are the most attractive out there. ;)

I'm always impressed by somebody who doesn't fit the mold of what is considered sexy (via advertising/fashion) & yet screams a sense of aliveness from their core! Refusing to succumb ... high in spirit ... just plain lovely.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Don't think we've ever met, beebs.

And highly doubt I'll see your nads, even if we DO meet :p

Depends..

BBB.

..I might be wearing my old adidas shorts.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
There is always hair club for men for those concerned?!?!?

ray.jpg

ray.jpg

can you see the difference? I can see the difference

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
therefore...

bald = more highly evolved + more testosterone + bigger nads